I have had 2 mouse/mice in the last years, making up most of my time using computers. During this time, i have noticed my old deathadder as well as my new Trust 5$ mouse having the same problem. Mind you, i have had the deathadder for a long time and dealt with the weird issues for a while so i don't remember when it all started, as for the trust 5$ mouse, i have had it for maybe a half year or less, feels like it was very recently. It's been working fine for this duration. It wasen't until last weak that i started experiencing some very similar problems.
Deathadder(right): About 33%-66%+ of all clicks would fail to register, this is a periodic thing, i could go for a long while without having any click issues related to this problem.
Trust(left): Same as above, only had this happened ones with this mouse.
Deathadder: Double clicks at times, which got really frustarting. Theory it's related to the above problem which i want a solution to.
Trust: No such problem.
Da: Scroll wheel "might" fail to register, unsure. Often goes back a step, the number of scrolls required before it does it is unknown, point is it may be unrelated to the above problems.
T: No such problem.
Only recently i have figured out why the Deathadder and trust fails to register clicks and it all has to do with how hard/deep i press the button. I am used to lightly and rapidly clicking the mouse which during these times may not be ideal and i would need to slow down or click repeatadly to try and get a successful click through. I believe that the mouse somehow stretches, chips away or gets dirty and blocks the signal in some way. I cleaned the deathadder (probably before testing it again) and concluded that it made no difference, although i did focus on cleaning the place around the mouse buttons... which did nothing. The trust mouse i couldn't get into as i couldn't find the right tool. As of writing, everything is fine with the new mouse, but if i were to get a new better and more expencive mouse, i want to be prepared to fix the issue.
A potential solution which keeps popping up is putting something like ducttape inside on the mouse, it seems plausible to some extent, but nobody words the problem the same way i do, either because i specifically found the issue and want to focus search the issue or for other reasons. Eitherway, might not have needed to say as much but i pretty much pointed out the problem i am having and hope somebody else have had a similar if not exactly the same problem with the same temporary mini solution of hard clicks that i have.