Question 2 x MoCA Adapters + 1 Router + 1 Repeater - - - - Can I use the repeater ?

Aug 9, 2022
First let me post links of everything I own then once you look at it and hear my story out let me know
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VPL6BL6/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_5?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1
This item I am waiting to buy incase I can't do what I want to do.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077Y3SQXR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I own 2x MoCA Adapters but currently will only use the second one if this idea works
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08BJJ3RGW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I mainly use this router connected directly to my modem with the MoCA adapter if needed.

Now this is my story... basically my first floor has my
  1. MoCA, Modem, Router
I would like to know if on my second floor my master bedroom if I can connect a secondary MoCA adapter where I also have coax cables there to then covert it to a internet to soon after connect it to the https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VPL6BL6/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_5?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1
the above repeater...to have a higher connection around the house.

You have me somewhat confused about using only 1 moca adapter you must have 2.

But as you describe in the bottom is how you make it work. You moca adapter in the second floor connects to the moca adapter on the first floor. This appears as a ethernet cable between the router and the device on the second floor. You can use the repeater device you linked but it will cheaper to just buy a lower end router and run it as a AP. You are paying extra for the ability to have a wireless connection between the route and the second floor device but you are using a cable. In any case you want the device on the second floor running as a AP.

Now the addition thing that maybe confusing you is the moca adapter does not actually connect directly to the internet even though it connecting to the same coax cable as the modem. What you need to do is plug a cable from the lan port of your router into the moca.

The path the data takes is ----isp---modem--router---moca1---moca2---AP. Physically it appears as if you get the internet directly but it is really 2 different signals coexisting on the same coax wire. Note you have to be some what careful about connecting it this way. You generally need a filter so your moca signal does not get sent back to the isp network....in theory your nieghbors could connect to your network but more likely it just degrades the ISP network in your area. Read the manuals for the moca adapters they will discuss how you set this up.

Aug 9, 2022
You have me somewhat confused about using only 1 moca adapter you must have 2.

But as you describe in the bottom is how you make it work. You moca adapter in the second floor connects to the moca adapter on the first floor. This appears as a ethernet cable between the router and the device on the second floor. You can use the repeater device you linked but it will cheaper to just buy a lower end router and run it as a AP. You are paying extra for the ability to have a wireless connection between the route and the second floor device but you are using a cable. In any case you want the device on the second floor running as a AP.

Now the addition thing that maybe confusing you is the moca adapter does not actually connect directly to the internet even though it connecting to the same coax cable as the modem. What you need to do is plug a cable from the lan port of your router into the moca.

The path the data takes is ----isp---modem--router---moca1---moca2---AP. Physically it appears as if you get the internet directly but it is really 2 different signals coexisting on the same coax wire. Note you have to be some what careful about connecting it this way. You generally need a filter so your moca signal does not get sent back to the isp network....in theory your nieghbors could connect to your network but more likely it just degrades the ISP network in your area. Read the manuals for the moca adapters they will discuss how you set this up.

Yes thank you for all the advise the reason I do no want to extend it with a new AP because I do not want to keep having to change wifi signals and rather it to appear as one signal and just auto change channelz as needed. But yes you are correct about the filter and I already have one in place where my internet comes into my house so it does not leave the building. But I will most likely try to see if I can do repeater mode.

It actually is only 1 network when you run it as a AP. The Wifi names you use to connect can be the same or different. All depends on which you prefer. If you make them the same the end device will attempt to pick the best signal but they sometime they are not too smart. If you make them different then you the person knows which signal is best but unfortunately you must tell the end device each time.

If you were to use the "repeater" you do not want to run repeater mode. That means it will attempt to connect to the main router via wifi and you will get 2 interfering signals. When you connect it via a cable you want to set it to AP mode.