Question 2 Monitors 60hz, 244hz

MousTea

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2017
Hey People, I already have a 60hz monitor, I'am planning on buying a 244hz monitor, I know some of you guys say 144hz is enough...
But I've seen people prove that wrong :
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV8P6T5tTYs
And I'am also buying it for the game CS:GO because I've heard it gives a significant advantage.
I've heard gaming on an ultrawide is annoying, is that true?
Now my question is, I want to buy a 244hz monitor but I don't know which one, could you guys recommend me one.
Budget 500-550€ (EURO)
Also would i lose fps because i have 2 monitors and one is really high refresh rate?
These are my specs: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/BertDeDikkerd/saved/
Also would i like need a 2 monitor mount, or would it be okay to just let them stand?

Thanks, Guys :)

MousTea

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2017
The Alienware seems to get the best reviews (on amazon, etc.)

Okay, Do i need a monitor mount? or can i just set them next to each other?
Will my fps decrease? If so, how much?

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
You mean difference that would actually be visible? The numbers are different, obviously, but it kind of depends on the observer too, how sensitive their sight is etc.

In general a real 144Hz on good panels looks generally smoother than say 60Hz for gameplay but after that I don't really see that much of difference. I once saw a game played by others on a 240Hz monitor and a 144Hz display next to each other but I couldn't really perceive that much of a difference between the two.

MousTea

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2017
You say you don't see much difference? Did you see difference at all or no?
Also some people have reccomended these to me :
LG 34UC79G-B and LG UltraGear 34UC79G and the alienware one from above, which one would you choose?

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
Yes between 60Hz to 144Hz difference was quite visible to me. Between the 1440Hz to 240Hz not that much. Then again, watching two monitors side by side for few minutes, half an hour tops, is one things. Using one on a daily basis for gaming and other uses for longer hours is a different thing.

I think it's best if you can go somewhere, an outlet showroom perhaps, and see them in action as it were. I didn't 'see' that much difference between 144Hz and 240 Hz but you might 'see/feel' differently.

I would get the one with better price and better warranty, and personally, I don't like curved displays panels that much.

Look here for the LG 34UC79G-B, says greens are a bit off and warranty is "stingy" and here says "ineffective game" modes.

Not sure about Alienware models. What do reviews says? As far as I know what Alienware does is just rebrand stuff and it doesn't manufacture panels. So it's basically a panel made by other companies to their specifications. Main ones are LG,. Samsung and Sharp I think and Panasonic used to make LCD/LED panel but no longer I think.

There are others too and best way I think is to read reliable reviews and then see them work up close. One thing I noticed is that those two Alienware are 1 ms response time but the LG 34UC79G says it's 5 ms. That you might notice for gaming.

MousTea

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2017
Thanks so much for the informative response, it helped me and I've searched for some monitors but I don't really trust myself with things these high of a price :p
If i buy one I want it to be good directly, so i dont have to send it back.
Do you maybe have a monitor you would buy if you were in my situation with a budget of 500-550 EURO
Thanks Jiry

MousTea

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2017
Somoene told me that TN panels are the best for 1ms and IPS are like 5ms so I really dont know what monitor to pick.
Can somoene reccomend me one please? (budget 500-550)
Can be an ultrawide or a normal one

Thanks!

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
Hi again Jiry. I'm sorry I don't have a 'favorite' wide screen to recommend as I at the moment have a 24" 1080p 5ms FHD monitor. Haven't really looked for one myself.

TN panels are better at response time but tend to have somehow washed up colors and viewing angles are limited compared to other types. Observer moves to right or left or if you view from down or up as opposed to sitting directly in front of the the monitor the picture colors shift.

IPS panels have longer response time but they tend to have better colors and produce a wider range of the color space. People who do graphics design or artists and photographers usually tend to favor IPS panels.