2 monitors affect gaming performance?

ChicagoRocks1987

Prominent
May 8, 2017
New to PC guys.

Current setup is i7 7700K with Nvidia SC2 1080
My 2 monitors are BenQ XL2430t (using display port)

Obviously I want 1 monitor for gaming and the 2nd monitor for things like web browsing, discord, twitch etc.

Will running 2 monitors affect my gaming performance? My GPU has 2 or 3 display ports so do I want to connect them both via display ports?

Solution
Having multiple monitors will always have effect on your gaming peformance. However, with your setup, i wouldn't worry about your performance going down by that much.

Pretty sure your 1080 can handle both monitors running while running Ultra settings on games. Especially because the monitors are 1080p and not 4k.
And yes, It is preferable to use both display ports instead of let's say Display port / Vga or Hdmi, but in the end, that part wont show much of an difference in performance but more on your display settings.

Mertali

Reputable
May 31, 2015
Having multiple monitors will always have effect on your gaming peformance. However, with your setup, i wouldn't worry about your performance going down by that much.

Pretty sure your 1080 can handle both monitors running while running Ultra settings on games. Especially because the monitors are 1080p and not 4k.
And yes, It is preferable to use both display ports instead of let's say Display port / Vga or Hdmi, but in the end, that part wont show much of an difference in performance but more on your display settings.

Solution