2 Monitors with 1 DVI port on Graphics card

WagonFixin

Prominent
Jul 3, 2017
Solution
What are the output ports in your GTX 970? DVI-I? DVI-D? HDMI? DisplayPort?

DVI-I and DVI-D (as well as other DVI ports) have different types:
6K4tr.png

If your GTX 970 does have DVI-I, then, that output port carry both analog and digital signals. Use that for the VGA (analog) input monitor (the Acer) by getting a DVI-to-VGA adapter (https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-DVI-Cable-Adapter-DVIVGAMF/dp/B004G3WCLM?th=1) and connecting your VGA-to-VGA cable to such. Use the DVI-D for the Planar monitor.

Those DVI-D, HDMI and DP carry digital (non-analog) signals, as such, using a VGA monitor would necessitate getting a slightly more expensive active adapter to convert digital to analog.
Your motherboard may not be able to support using the integrated graphics (motherboard video output) and the dedicated graphics (GTX 970's video output) at the same time. Check BIOS if there is an option to configure using both at the same time.

If not, try to use all video outputs of your dedicated GPU (GTX 970). What specific GTX 970 and monitors do you have? If they don't have both the same type of video output/input ports, try using an adapter cable.

WagonFixin

Prominent
Jul 3, 2017

Ok sounds good, I use this PC for gaming so is that a bad thing for performance or something similair?

WagonFixin

Prominent
Jul 3, 2017

Ok so I ventured into the low resolution world of the bios settings and enabled iGPU which I looked up should be the solution. Despite my efforts the computer still doesn't seem to detect the monitor

Yeah, some motherboards, despite having the iGPU enabled, still might not support using both iGPU and GPU at the same time. Last resort would be just using the GTX 970, solely, for your two monitors.

What GTX 970 do you have (model?). What are your 2 monitors (models?).

WagonFixin

Prominent
Jul 3, 2017

I'm not sure on the GTX 970 I but my Monitors are a PLL2210W as the main and an Acer V196HQL Ab as the secondary

What are the output ports in your GTX 970? DVI-I? DVI-D? HDMI? DisplayPort?

DVI-I and DVI-D (as well as other DVI ports) have different types:
6K4tr.png

If your GTX 970 does have DVI-I, then, that output port carry both analog and digital signals. Use that for the VGA (analog) input monitor (the Acer) by getting a DVI-to-VGA adapter (https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-DVI-Cable-Adapter-DVIVGAMF/dp/B004G3WCLM?th=1) and connecting your VGA-to-VGA cable to such. Use the DVI-D for the Planar monitor.

Those DVI-D, HDMI and DP carry digital (non-analog) signals, as such, using a VGA monitor would necessitate getting a slightly more expensive active adapter to convert digital to analog.

Solution