2 monitors with 2 graphics cards non sli for gaming performance

Mar 8, 2018
Hi, just today I went to my local computer parts shop and I bought a pretty cheap 1gb graphics card, the AMD HD 7570, and thought i'd try it out to be just for a second monitor. This way, I assume, there will be less of a hit on gaming performance because my main gpu, an R9 380 4gb card, is only working on the main monitor. I'm a pretty high level competitive gamer and when I tried using 2 monitors with just my main gpu, I can tell a noticeable performance drop that gets really annoying real fast. Upgrading my gpu is not an option and I've always had my 380 working fine up until I installed the drivers for the 7570. It wouldn't boot up correctly until I went into safe mode and uninstalled the new drivers. Am I doing this the wrong way or Is this just not possible in the first place? Any help is appreciated
Thanks!

Also in case you need to know, Im running the FX8350 Cpu and this is my motherboard: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130790

Solution
Running a second monitor from the same graphics card that you are using for gaming will NOT affect gaming performance. 2D applications such as chat tools, streaming software interface, hardware monitoring, etc. do NOT affect the 3D gaming performance. Just make sure you set your gaming monitor as the main display and the monitoring monitor as the secondary display. If you don't do this correctly, there could be a hit on performance when gaming. Enjoy!

Ninjawithagun

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2007
Running a second monitor from the same graphics card that you are using for gaming will NOT affect gaming performance. 2D applications such as chat tools, streaming software interface, hardware monitoring, etc. do NOT affect the 3D gaming performance. Just make sure you set your gaming monitor as the main display and the monitoring monitor as the secondary display. If you don't do this correctly, there could be a hit on performance when gaming. Enjoy!

Solution