[SOLVED] 2 month old PC freezes

Aug 22, 2021
Hi. My pc freezes up in boot or at start up. Sometimes i am able to enter my password then it will freeze. Cannot do safe boot or anything else since mouse and keyboard not working almost everytime. But it does work when I am in Bios. Its a fairly new pc, built 2 months ago. This happened after updating a game and restarting. And there is no restore point. Any help is appreciated thank you!

Pc specs:
Ryzen 5 3600
Gigabyte b450
Red dragon 600w psu
OCPC 16gb (2x8)
Biostar rx 540
Windows 10

Solution
Hi. My pc freezes up in boot or at start up. Sometimes i am able to enter my password then it will freeze. Cannot do safe boot or anything else since mouse and keyboard not working almost everytime. But it does work when I am in Bios. Its a fairly new pc, built 2 months ago. This happened after updating a game and restarting. And there is no restore point. Any help is appreciated thank you!

Pc specs:
Ryzen 5 3600
Gigabyte b450
Red dragon 600w psu
OCPC 16gb (2x8)
Biostar rx 540
Windows 10
You could try booting a flash stick with memtest86.
You could try booting off your backup disk then you could use some of the windows tools to look around.

Pc specs:
Ryzen 5 3600
Gigabyte b450
Red dragon 600w psu
OCPC 16gb (2x8)
Biostar rx 540
Windows 10
You could try booting off your backup disk then you could use some of the windows tools to look around.

Reactions: Kimmm23
Solution
Aug 22, 2021
Hi! I run the memtest overnight and it pass. Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture.
I tried reinstalling a new OS with a bootable thumb drive but I couldnt pass the loading screen since it will freeze.

Aug 22, 2021
Make sure this OS thumb drive boots in another machine.

If it does unplug both disk on your machine and see if the thumb drive will boot.
I managed to clean install a new windows 10. Although it still randomly freezes it sometimes takes a few minutes but most of the time right after log in.

Aug 22, 2021
Boot in safe mode and see if it freezes if it does disconnect the drives and boot into BIOS and see.

I'm thinking the SSD.

Well this happened when i tried safe mode and normal boot.
pn4ArlXRj