[SOLVED] 2 of 3 gpu fans died need advice

Mts_15

Reputable
Jul 25, 2017
Good day I would like to ask if anyone had any experience with an idcooling iceflow 240 vga cooler I’m planning to switch to aio vga cooling and it’s the cheapest I can find cheaper than most of the aio kraken g12 options. my gpu is a aorus 1080ti non extreme will it fit with no extreme modifications done with it? it’s the cheapest alternative I can find in my area.

Solution
I would say that is a good candidate for fitting.

Did a visual inspection of the PCBs for the two 1080Ti they claim fit, and there isn't much difference in the layout. The MSI card they list only has the 4 screws at the corners even, so that is a good sign the rest don't matter all that much.

Still, 1080Ti, you might be able to track down some full coverage custom blocks on the cheap, just need a radiator and pump at that point to get a simple loop going.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I would say that is a good candidate for fitting.

Did a visual inspection of the PCBs for the two 1080Ti they claim fit, and there isn't much difference in the layout. The MSI card they list only has the 4 screws at the corners even, so that is a good sign the rest don't matter all that much.

Still, 1080Ti, you might be able to track down some full coverage custom blocks on the cheap, just need a radiator and pump at that point to get a simple loop going.

Reactions: Mts_15
Solution

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I had to once, I made the silly mistake of getting two triple slot cards (GTX580). The top card was so starved of airflow. Even after I removed the side panel and took off the GPU shrouds, still overheated in minutes.

Two Arctic Accelero Hybrids later, and GPU temps were as cold as could be. Left the original VRM heatsink on, added memory heatsinks and they worked great for another year or so before I sold them on. One pump did fail on me, but that was probably because of the orientation and the age of them (they weren't exactly a new product) All because I couldn't track down waterblocks for the darn things.

Hybrid coolers work well to keep the GPU cool, it is the memory that I don't like. Without a fan blowing directly on them it seems questionable.

Reactions: Mts_15

Mts_15

Reputable
Jul 25, 2017
Installed it btw I’m quite surprised with the results my temps used to go upto 78c at full load probably more if my a/c is off now it won’t go beyond 55c without AC and below 55 when AC is on great bang for the buck!