2 PCs same WiFi different speed

Hamoudi91

Reputable
Oct 10, 2014
Hey, I am able to connect to the WiFi of my work from my house. The IT guy accepted to run the WiFi on my laptop but i wasn't there when he connected to the WiFi.The login process consist of 2 phases: first login to connect to the network, second login that show up in chrome to connect to the internet with username and password. I was able to get both passwords and the username from the laptop and try to connect my desktop to the WiFi and to get internet. I succeed but the thing is, that the speed on my laptop(that the IT guy connected to the WiFi) is 5 mb/s, but the speed on my desktop (that I configured the WiFi) vary : sometimes it is 0.5 mb/s and it reach max 1mb/s. The 2 computers are next to each others.

Any idea what should I check on my desktop to make the internet speed reach 5 mb/s like on the laptop?

Thank you

Pooneil

Honorable
Apr 15, 2013
The positioning of wifi cards makes a great deal of difference. Particularly when at the far reaches of reception. Make sure your desktop antenna has as clear of a "view" to the AP as possible without the case in-between.