2 PC's to one modem, internet keeps crashing

shaun88

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2012
I have 2 PC's in my room that are connected to the modem with ethernet cables, but every so often if my girlfriend and I are playing games online, our internet stops/disconnects and we need to turn the modem off and on again at the wall. We are with sky, we did have Sky fiber and i rang up to complain, they gave us a deal on Sky fiber max, came with a new modem, but we still have this problem, please help! :(

Solution
Telling us "it breaks" is not nearly enough information to go on to give you any kind of feedback.

For example, that happens when it breaks? what the modem LIGHTS look like (these lights indicate whether you have basic connection to ISP or not, consult manual if you have to). What happens when u attempt to surf, what does browser say? When this happen next, open a DOS PROMPT and type PING GOOGLE.COM, then TRACEROUTE GOOGLE.COM and post result.
Telling us "it breaks" is not nearly enough information to go on to give you any kind of feedback.

For example, that happens when it breaks? what the modem LIGHTS look like (these lights indicate whether you have basic connection to ISP or not, consult manual if you have to). What happens when u attempt to surf, what does browser say? When this happen next, open a DOS PROMPT and type PING GOOGLE.COM, then TRACEROUTE GOOGLE.COM and post result.

Solution