2 problems - chipset VIA Win 2k & Win XP : Need Help

TB

Guys,

I have 2 Operating Systems on my computer :
First is Windows 2000 Corporate SP4.
Second is Windows XP SP1.
I installed on each 4in1 drivers (VIAHyperion4in1451v.exe)

When I copy a big file (about 100 Mbytes) from the DVD player to one of my
HDD here are the problems :
- With Windows 2000, my USB modem hang up (Alcatel speedtouch USB behind a
USB modem with its own power supply).
- With XP SP1, the computer crash and reboots !!!

I had these problems for 2 years, but now, I need to move from DVD big files
to HDD, and I would like to solve it.
The problem encoutered with XP is not a hardware problem, because it works
with windows 2000.

Config :

Mother Board : ABIT KT7A
Athlon 1,1 GHz
Chipset Via KT133
1 HDD 80 Go Western Digital (Primary Master) 80 pin cable - UDMA 5
1 HDD Maxtor 80 Go (Primary Slave) 80 pin cable - UDMA 5
1 Ricoh DVD+RW (Secondary Master) 40 pin cable - UMDA 2
1 DVD player Hitachi (Secondary Slave) 40 pin cable - UDMA 2

Any help would be appreciated.

Ed

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 20:37:14 +0200, "tb" <tbeghin@free.fr> wrote:

>Guys,
>
>I have 2 Operating Systems on my computer :
>First is Windows 2000 Corporate SP4.
>Second is Windows XP SP1.
>I installed on each 4in1 drivers (VIAHyperion4in1451v.exe)
>
>When I copy a big file (about 100 Mbytes) from the DVD player to one of my
>HDD here are the problems :

VIA Issues - IDE and SoundBlaster Live, Update 2
http://www.realworldtech.com/page.cfm?ArticleID=RWT051401003409

search google for "VIA Patch" ?

TB

Many thanks.
I solved these problems by applying the Vlatency 0.19 patch.
Many thanks for the link

vm4cd0p45j4k35poqaaraf44rqs0aj3uou@4ax.com...