2 questions please

Hello to all

1) Just finished building a new box, and took a lot of parts from my
gateway select 1200, which has been updated a lot in the last three years.
Question: I am building a box with the amd 1.2 processor, and was
wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a motherboard for this
proccessor? I dont want any part of the gateway msi mobos, as I have had
three leak on me already. Any suggestions? I want to be able to use the
existing 1 gig of memory that was built up from the original 256.

2) I recently got as a gift my first laptop. It happens to be a gateway
purchased from best buy. Model # 4028gz. It has the built in ethernet.
I currently have dsl, rated at 3.o down and get almost all of it. On
the laptop, which is networked with it, the most I get is around 1.6. Is
this normal for a wireless connection, or should I be getting higher. I have
tested it with the main computer off, so as not to use any d/l headspace.
The laptop tells me I have an excellent connection, and since I am new to
wireless connections I thought I would ask here.
Gateway owner since my first 386 too many years ago now. LOL

Much regards Jerry

Jerry,

Asus boards have a better reputation than MicroStar (MSI), and they made boards
for an AMD 1.2 CPU. Check their web site, then shop around. Or maybe just get
an early P4 board and processor for cheap... Ben Myers

> Jerry,
>
> Asus boards have a better reputation than MicroStar (MSI), and they made
> boards
> for an AMD 1.2 CPU. Check their web site, then shop around. Or maybe
> just get
> an early P4 board and processor for cheap... Ben Myers
>
> On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 00:47:57 GMT, "J.Lef" <j.lef@verizon.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi Ben:
Havent been on the board for a while, so its still
comforting seeing you and Ed still giving us your wisdom. Now that I have
been locked into a gateway laptop as a gift, I assume I will be needing this
board more often LOL
QUESTION: Do you know of a good source to get older motherboards?
Specifically I am looking for an asus a7v133, hopefully new, hopefully
retail. Ebay, just has used and reconditioned. Called Asus and they were no
help.

Thanks as always Jerry

Jerry,

Asus no longer makes the a7v133, so used and tested is the best you can hope to
find. eBay from a seller with excellent feedback is as good of a source as any.

.... Ben Myers

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 00:37:55 GMT, "J.Lef" <j.lef@verizon.net> wrote:

>> Jerry,
>>
>> Asus boards have a better reputation than MicroStar (MSI), and they made
>> boards
>> for an AMD 1.2 CPU. Check their web site, then shop around. Or maybe
>> just get
>> an early P4 board and processor for cheap... Ben Myers
>>
>> On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 00:47:57 GMT, "J.Lef" <j.lef@verizon.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Ben:
> Havent been on the board for a while, so its still
>comforting seeing you and Ed still giving us your wisdom. Now that I have
>been locked into a gateway laptop as a gift, I assume I will be needing this
>board more often LOL
> QUESTION: Do you know of a good source to get older motherboards?
>Specifically I am looking for an asus a7v133, hopefully new, hopefully
>retail. Ebay, just has used and reconditioned. Called Asus and they were no
>help.
>
> Thanks as always Jerry

Look at Pricegrabber.com and enter the model number. $34.95

Mike in Ohio