Question 2 quick audio beeps AFTER Windows boots up - Caused by??

liberty610

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2012
Hello.

So, my desktop is working fine, but I am not sure why it's doing this and I would like to investigate it.

I am currently running Windows 11 Pro on a Gigabyte x570 xtreme motherboard. 32gigs of ram, RTX 2080ti. For audio on my system I have a Focusrite Clarette USB interface (I do a lot of music production) with a pair of JBL studio monitors.

I am not sure how long this has been happening, because I do not always have my Focusrite and JBLs on right first when I boot up, but as of late I have had them on right at boot up to get to work and I've started to noticed two fast beeps coming from my speakers. These are NOT coming from my motherboard speaker, they are coming from my JBLs through the Focusrite, meaning it is audio happening within the OS somewhere.

It is 2 quick beeps. Then a good minuet will go by, and it will do the to beeps again. And then another minuets or two goes by and it happens again, then I don't hear it again until I boot-up Windows again from a shut down. Or maybe a restart, I am not sure. Any idea what could be causing this? When i do a Google search, I only get topics about motherboard beeps, and this is not that. This happen after Windows boots up, and it's only right when the system boots up. After it does these beeps for the 3rd time, they no longer occur again until my next boot cycle.

I just updated my BIOS this week, but this was happening even before that. I have the latest GPU drivers installed, and my system runs normal. I have minimal apps that start when windows starts, and the ones that do start at boot, are all updated. any ideas?

Hello.

So, my desktop is working fine, but I am not sure why it's doing this and I would like to investigate it.

I am currently running Windows 11 Pro on a Gigabyte x570 xtreme motherboard. 32gigs of ram, RTX 2080ti. For audio on my system I have a Focusrite Clarette USB interface (I do a lot of music production) with a pair of JBL studio monitors.

I am not sure how long this has been happening, because I do not always have my Focusrite and JBLs on right first when I boot up, but as of late I have had them on right at boot up to get to work and I've started to noticed two fast beeps coming from my speakers. These are NOT coming from my motherboard speaker, they are coming from my JBLs through the Focusrite, meaning it is audio happening within the OS somewhere.

It is 2 quick beeps. Then a good minuet will go by, and it will do the to beeps again. And then another minuets or two goes by and it happens again, then I don't hear it again until I boot-up Windows again from a shut down. Or maybe a restart, I am not sure. Any idea what could be causing this? When i do a Google search, I only get topics about motherboard beeps, and this is not that. This happen after Windows boots up, and it's only right when the system boots up. After it does these beeps for the 3rd time, they no longer occur again until my next boot cycle.

I just updated my BIOS this week, but this was happening even before that. I have the latest GPU drivers installed, and my system runs normal. I have minimal apps that start when windows starts, and the ones that do start at boot, are all updated. any ideas?
If you boot to the bios does it beep?

If you boot to safe mode does it beep?

liberty610

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2012
If you boot to the bios does it beep?

If you boot to safe mode does it beep?

I have not tried safe mode yet.

This is not a BIOS ordeal. It happens in Windows after I sign in and apps start loading up. The beeps don't come from the motherboard, they come from within Windows. The only beep my motherboard does is the first single beep it does when it posts.