Question 2 ram kits Xmp wont enable(same speeds and Cl)

Jan 11, 2022
I started with 2 8gb hyperX 3200mhz 16CL and I just added 2 8gb VulcanZ 3200 mhz 16cl.

After going into the bios and enabling the xmp profile the ram is still running at 2400mhz. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Msi motherboard
Ryzen 2600x
Evga 3060 12gb

Mixing ram is luck of the draw. Different ram kits don't always work with one another for various reasons.

Likely what is happening is that the kits are not able to run together at 3200mhz so the board is sensing a failure and resorting to a slower frequency to try and boot.

Return the new ram and try to buy an identical kit to what you have. Even then you might still have issues. Ram is sold in matched kits for a reason.

Jan 11, 2022
Mixing ram is luck of the draw. Different ram kits don't always work with one another for various reasons.

Likely what is happening is that the kits are not able to run together at 3200mhz so the board is sensing a failure and resorting to a slower frequency to try and boot.

Return the new ram and try to buy an identical kit to what you have. Even then you might still have issues. Ram is sold in matched kits for a reason.
Okay thank you, that's kinda what I figured but I appreciate it!

TRENDING THREADS