Question 2 RAMs doesn’t work

Mar 23, 2019
Hey, changed some parts in my PC and it won’t boot with 2 RAMs in it. Tried all 4 slots on the motherboard.

Corsair 16gb Rams, other specs are

Asus z390
I7 9700k
1060 3GB
Samsung ssd evo 970
550w be quiet

Im all out of ideas. Anyone got a clue?

New parts are i7, Z390 and ssd.

Quarkzquarkz

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2013
Take troubleshooting step by step to ensure it's at least booting up correctly. In other words instead of putting all 2 rams in the slots, try 1 module first and see if it boots up. if it doesnt then try the next slot accordingly. If that doesnt work then switch out to the other memory module and repeat the process.

If one of them works then you can guess that maybe the other is faulty. However if none of them work you might want to look elsewhere since it could be the motherboard, power supply unit etc. Also make sure that you don't want to mix different memory modules with different voltage steps etc.. that will be disastrous, good luck!

Mar 23, 2019
Used a old os and also tried reinstalling a new. When we use 1 of them it boots. And when we use the other one it also boots correctly. Tried both combinations on the motherboard

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
  1. Load 1 stick in Slot 1 "A1" Closest to CPU.
  2. Reset your CMOS by pulling the battery and allow it to sit for more than 10 seconds.
  3. Flash your BIOS to the latest Revision by any means available.
  4. Boot to your OS and allow everything to load.
  5. Shut down and load the first stick into slot 2 "B2 second closest from CPU then the second into slot 4 "A2" furthest from CPU
  6. Turn off the PC and reset the CMOS again
  7. Boot to BOIS to verify you see both sticks and your in Dual Channel.

Any luck?

Mar 23, 2019
  1. Load 1 stick in Slot 1 "A1" Closest to CPU.
  2. Reset your CMOS by pulling the battery and allow it to sit for more than 10 seconds.
  3. Flash your BIOS to the latest Revision by any means available.
  4. Boot to your OS and allow everything to load.
  5. Shut down and load the first stick into slot 2 "B2 second closest from CPU then the second into slot 4 "A2" furthest from CPU
  6. Turn off the PC and reset the CMOS again
  7. Boot to BOIS to verify you see both sticks and your in Dual Channel.
Any luck?
Will try hopefully today, will post answer asap