Question 2 routers help

Feb 19, 2019
Hello

I have a d-link dsl-3782 router as my primary and have wired it from lan to lan of my Huawei hg633 secondary. Everytime I connect lan to lan it knocks the internet out of the Xbox that is wired to the primary router. Can someone help me set this up please as currently I have primary set to 192.168.1.1 and secondary 192.168.2.1 and dchp is off.

Many thanks in advance

You would want to use 192.168.1.2 or maybe 192.168.1.200. This will let you access the second device to configure or troubleshoot it.

Still that is not the cause of your problem. I would again verify the DHCP is off on the second router.

You have done the steps you generally use to make a router into a AP so it should work. Maybe hard code the IP in the xbox to see if it is something strange going on.

Feb 19, 2019
Ok took your advice and put primary at 192.168.1.1 and secondary at 192.168.1.2. Dchp on secondary is off. Am I right in changing dchp at 198.168.1.3 to 254? Got it all working with mobiles accessing internet. Can't connect to internet using either primary and secondary WiFi for some reason. Any ideas?

Feb 19, 2019
I've managed to now connect to the internet with the laptop over WiFi but if I go on any website it says This site is not secure. Error code: DLG_FLAGS_INVALID_CA
DLG_FLAGS_SEC_CERT_CN_INVALID

That is fine and you correctly redid the dhcp scope which I forgot to mention.

That message is related to certificates in the pc. It is mostly caused by a browser cache issue but things like the wrong date or time on your machine can cause issue with certificates also.

You can test basic network connectivity by ping 8.8.8.8. You can also do things like NSLOOOKUP www.cnn.com or whatever site. You might also get the browser to work on a non HTTPS site right now I don't know one.

You are having some really strange issues.