2 routers, Setting up VPN on 1

Zlurz

Honorable
Dec 5, 2013
Hey guys, so I've been thinking about setting up a VPN on one of my routers. My setup is the following. I have my first router which is directly connected to my modem, then i have an Ethernet cable going out of the first router and going into the second router. So now i want to set up VPN on my Second router that is connected to my first one. I mainly want to do this so i can have VPN on my Xbox 360 console, but i have no idea if i will have %100 of the VPN working since i have both routers connected to each other, I'm a total noob at networking, if i set up VPN on my second router, would the VPN be lost once it goes through the first router? I'm completely lost as to what method i should set up my VPN and if its a good idea knowing i have two routers connected to each other.

viewtyjoe

Reputable
Jul 28, 2014
I'm a little confused on why you need a VPN for your 360. The purpose of a virtual private network is to allow users to connect to a network over WAN that they are NOT physically connected to via LAN. I don't really see why you would want to set up a VPN inside of your network for the purpose of connecting your 360.

Zlurz

Honorable
Dec 5, 2013
I mainly want to do this to prevent people from Ddosing me. But thanks anyway. I'm going to share my PC's internet Connection via Ethernet cable to my 360

TRENDING THREADS