2 Separate ISP's

OG_Master_kush

Commendable
May 31, 2016
Hello, I recently moved into a Studio apartment, my landlord lets me use his WIFI but its Garbage idk whats happening with his equipment. my problem is that my landlord has AT&T uverse, the wireless speeds are crap I have asked him if he would change it and I would pay for half of it, he declined my offer. Can I get a Separate ISP maybe like Xfinity? But I dont think there is a Cable outlet anywhere around the house. Is it even Possible? Do they install an Outlet? would i have to explain the situation to the technician? any help? If it is possible what equipment should i buy? What type of Modem/router?

Solution
If they offer xfinity in your area it can be a option.

The cable company will in general install 1 jack. They will to some extent put it anyplace. The problem is they do not run wires inside so there method tends to be to run the cable on the outside of the house and then drill through a exterior wall.

So first step is to see if the service is even offered. Then talk to the landlord about cabling and then have the ISP come out and see if they will put it where you want.

When you get that all figured out then you can look at the ISP site for equipment that works in your area.
If they offer xfinity in your area it can be a option.

The cable company will in general install 1 jack. They will to some extent put it anyplace. The problem is they do not run wires inside so there method tends to be to run the cable on the outside of the house and then drill through a exterior wall.

So first step is to see if the service is even offered. Then talk to the landlord about cabling and then have the ISP come out and see if they will put it where you want.

When you get that all figured out then you can look at the ISP site for equipment that works in your area.

Solution