2 slot GPUs?

ryancxg

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
Since 2 slot GPU's just use the 2nd slot from your case to increase air flow from what i heard, if i just took the metal bracket out of the slot above my graphics card, would it decrease the temperature of my GPU?

My GPU is running at 52C outside of games, and on TF2 it stayed the same, im not sure about other games though, i would rather keep it as low as possible, from what ive heard 60C is the max temperature it should be?

Also does opening the side panel help? my friend does that, i dont wanna do it, but im curious lol.

Yeah, sorta random questions, sorry

Thanks to those who answer!

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
Hello RyancXg, what GPU are you using? More recent GPU's have been engineered with heat in mind and can take a beating much worse than 60C. EX: Nvidia's 400 series cards, the new ones, can take temps of 90 degrees C perfectly OK.

zodiac949

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
^ Agreed.

If there's nothing wrong with the card performance wise, then it might be best to leave it. As boriso said, cards today are designed to take immense amount of heat without any problems, but if you're really concerned about airflow, some people like to pop open their side panels and have a desk fan blow into the case.

TRENDING THREADS