2 Sound sources through headphones

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuttjs

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
Hi guys. I just bought a new laptop and love it so far. I always have my head phones plugged into it and listen to music. However, if I want to listen to music and lets say watch a youtube video for example, only Windows media player will play through the head phones, and the Youtube will play through the external speakers. Thats how it is for everything. If I use two different programs at once, one program will play through the head phones while the other plays through the external speakers.

Is there a way to have both programs run through the headphones?

Solution
Right click on the "communications headphones" and choose disable. Reboot system if necessary and see if two audio sources now output through either the speakers, or the headphones when plugged in and not both.

skaz

Distinguished
That's weird. Whats the make and model of your laptop?

Also go to start --> type device manager --> click enter.

Then navigate to "sound, video, and game controllers" click for the drop down menu. Tell me what it says underneath that and describe the icons showing on the left side of each one.

tuttjs

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
Its a Hp dv7 with beats audio by dr. Dre. The items listed in the device manager are:
Cyberlink webcam virtual driver (speaker icon)
IDT high definition audio codec (speaker icon)
Intel display audio (speaker icon)

Thanks!

skaz

Distinguished
Okay, now click start. Type Manager audio devices and click enter. Under playback how many options do you have listed and what are they?

If you want you can post a picture of it for us to see instead having to list everything.

tuttjs

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
Here you go
20rmjcl.png

skaz

Distinguished
Right click on the "communications headphones" and choose disable. Reboot system if necessary and see if two audio sources now output through either the speakers, or the headphones when plugged in and not both.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.