[SOLVED] 2 sperate RAM kits causing BSOD, each work independently but not together

Sep 12, 2021
Hi all, last year I built my second PC and I used 2 seperate 16gb ram kits. These kits had the exact same model number with same specs and all. Sometimes when using both kits in tandem my PC would BSOD with errors like "page fault in nonpaged area" or "System service exception". I took one kit out and the other worked fine and then I tested the other and it worked fine too, but when I use them together nothing happened. I ran each kit in memtest and got no errors but testing them together prompted hundreds. I have D.O.C.P on and I am using 3600mhz CL18 corsair vengeance RGB pro. Does anyone know what I can do to rectify this issue? Thanks!

Solution
Yes, get ONE kit with ALL the memory capacity you need, whether that means two 16GB DIMMs or four 8GB DIMMs, although if your platform supports it, two 16GB DIMMs is likely to be less problematic especially with high speed DIMMs.

Please read the section section at the following link, titled The odd man out, (Or, mixed memory).

Yes, get ONE kit with ALL the memory capacity you need, whether that means two 16GB DIMMs or four 8GB DIMMs, although if your platform supports it, two 16GB DIMMs is likely to be less problematic especially with high speed DIMMs.

Please read the section section at the following link, titled The odd man out, (Or, mixed memory).

Solution
Sep 12, 2021

Yeah I probably should've known but I bought my parts over time and they had 1 kit for a really good price. Oversight on my end. And it is 4x8