• Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

2 ssd M2 in one PC, wich should i choose to faster performance in adobe suite

Sep 27, 2018
my motherboard has 2 slots for M2 ssd drives, currently i have the WD green SSD M2 running OS (and all the adobe suite). i want to buy a second M2 ssd for storing all the Adobe CACHE and previews. so... the second ssd M2 i want to buy is the samsung evo 970 wich is a lot faster than the WD green... so... wich one should i use for running the OS and wich one for the cache and previews.

I would and I'm doing it the other way. OS, Adobe and it's cache (scratch ) in 960 evo (250 GB) and anything not important in SATA SSD 240GB, even less important programs in HDD and backups in yet another HDD.
SSDs can read and write at same time and also in several channels, most of reasons why they are so fast.

You will not see much difference anyway. What's stopping you from using same SSD for OS, adobe and it's cache on same drive. If space is a concern. Install those on 970 and other programs to WD.
Also depending on MB, both M.2 slots may not run at same speed. one my run in SATA mode which is fine for that WD and other one in NVMe modem much faster interface where that Samsung should go.
In other words, 970 will not run any faster than WD if in SATA mode.

Sep 27, 2018

... yes, i will run out of space, it happen to me before in my old laptop. WDgreen is just 250gb. also i´ve allways read that its better to have 2 SSD one for OS and the second for CACHE.

so, the WDgreen M2 set it up on SATA MODE for OS
and the Samsung evo M2 on MVMe modem...for cache.

I would and I'm doing it the other way. OS, Adobe and it's cache (scratch ) in 960 evo (250 GB) and anything not important in SATA SSD 240GB, even less important programs in HDD and backups in yet another HDD.
SSDs can read and write at same time and also in several channels, most of reasons why they are so fast.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS