2 SSIDs (1st Personal-allowed Internet access,2nd for Guests-blocked internet access)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiago Arlan

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2014
hi,
i want to create 2 SSIDs,1st for my personal use and the 2nd SSID would be for Guests' use.
Setup 1:SSID 1 would allow users to connect to the internet.
Setup 2:SSID 2 would block users from connecting to the internet.
SSID 1 will not be broadcasted(Hidden),SSID 2 will be broadcasted.

i do know how to create multiple SSIDs but cant figure out how to do the setup 1 and setup 2.
i would like the Guest to think that i only have One SSID.I will let them connect to my SSID 2(with correct WiFi Password) but they can't connect to the Internet(MAC Address Filter-Blocked).

any ideas?
thanks in advance.

-Tiago

Tiago Arlan

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2014

I know how to create Multiple SSIDs,i know to how use "Filter" settings using the devices' IP Address or MAC Address but using "Filter"(Block/Allow) will affect on both SSIDs.What i mean is how to use "FILTER" on Second SSID without affecting the First SSID.

Situation 1:
Device 1 can connect to both SSIDs(with the correct Password supplied) "but" Device 1 will have no Internet connection if ever connected to SSID 2 and will have an internet connection on SSID 1.

Device 1 can not "SEE" SSID 1 because it will be Hidden(unless i manually add SSID 1 to Device 1)
SSID 1-all Internet connections are allowed(normal Wifi operation)
SSID 2-all Internet connections will be blocked(sort of a Dummy WiFi,connected but doesn't have Data flowing). Devices can connect to both SSIDs..

By the way,here it is
Sticker on bottom of Router:
Router Name: Spectrum WiFi EPON ONU
Model: SPD-304HW
It's supplied by my ISP.

Thanks
Tiago

Tiago Arlan

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2014

i already managed to do setup 1 and 2..and now has 5 MAC addresses blocked in SSID 2..how to post this thread as solved?

Tiago Arlan

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2014
here:
i did setup SSID 1 and SSID 2.
SSID 1 with password and is Hidden,so guests couldn't see SSID 1.
SSID 2 is open network and is Broadcasted.This is the decoy wifi.they can connect all day,but will be blocked forever.
So everybody connects to my SSID 2 that is open network,once connected,their MAC address will be registered to the router.Once at home,i'll check all the MAC addresses registered,and manually enter(it takes time though) said MAC address into MAC Filter(Blacklist).i can not set their Bandwidth Limit because i have a low end Router,it's not in the router settings to limit bandwidth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS