[SOLVED] 2 Sticks of Ram BSOD

Xuieyx

Reputable
Apr 14, 2017
I have been doing extensive tests on my machine after realizing it bsod after getting some new ram.
it seems to work fine on a single stick of ram, whether it’s this new one or my original.
So, my temporary fix with 2 sticks is to underclock by 5% which allows me to use the 2 sticks no BSOD and play the game. Some times my game crashes. At 100% it bsod no matter what. I’ve done SFC scans no corruption. ntoskrnl.exe is my culprit for the blue screens via bluescreen viewer. I’ve unplugged the battery and completely reseated both RAM issue still persistent. I’ve moved to doing memtest86.
First test with both sticks in caused the mem test to explode with errors, I have a dump file if anyone wants. I’ve so far tested 1 stick in DIMM 1 no errors 4 passes, currently testing 2nd stick in DIMM 1 now so far it’s 2/4 passes no error. I have a TUF Gaming FX705DY
Ryzen 5 3550 H
560X
Using PNY 2400mhz 1.2v 8gb RAM

Solution
I have been doing extensive tests on my machine after realizing it bsod after getting some new ram.
it seems to work fine on a single stick of ram, whether it’s this new one or my original.
So, my temporary fix with 2 sticks is to underclock by 5% which allows me to use the 2 sticks no BSOD and play the game. Some times my game crashes. At 100% it bsod no matter what. I’ve done SFC scans no corruption. ntoskrnl.exe is my culprit for the blue screens via bluescreen viewer. I’ve unplugged the battery and completely reseated both RAM issue still persistent. I’ve moved to doing memtest86.
First test with both sticks in caused the mem test to explode with errors, I have a dump file if anyone wants. I’ve so far tested 1 stick in DIMM 1 no...

Ralston18

Titan
8 GB RAM so with two sticks that means you have two 4 GB RAM sticks - correct?

Did you purchase the new RAM as a kit?

Matched modules made to work together in a dual channel environment?

Double check the laptop's supported RAM specs to the RAM purchased via PNY.

Read all fine print, caveats, warnings etc..

Hopefully there is just a RAM mismatch.

First test with both sticks in caused the mem test to explode with errors, I have a dump file if anyone wants. I’ve so far tested 1 stick in DIMM 1 no errors 4 passes, currently testing 2nd stick in DIMM 1 now so far it’s 2/4 passes no error. I have a TUF Gaming FX705DY
Ryzen 5 3550 H
560X
Using PNY 2400mhz 1.2v 8gb RAM
Go to the laptop site and see if there is a bios update.
While your there check the chipset driver.

Only update with one stick of ram install so the machine is stable.
You don't want a crash during an update.

Solution