Question 2 Systems for TV's in the Office

Dec 7, 2022
Hello there!

For a bit of context, I'm an IT tech at a housing charity in the UK. We have an open space office with 35 employees.

I have been tasked to set up a 65" TV in the main office with a Live spreadsheet running on it with important information that is required by all staff members. Im struggling to come up with a budget friendly solution that would work for this.

The requirements are
  • needs to be under £300 for the PC
  • Need to wirelessly connect to it ( Ideally not through RDP)
  • run win 10 or 11 pro
We also need another PC for our public reception TV to run a ongoing video or PowerPoint that can also be remotely managed.

In the past, I have set the latter up with a Rasberry PI with a digital signage OS on it however the Pi has died now hence we are tackling both at the same time.

I wanted to run 2 vesa mounted PC's that are on 24/7 and RDP into them although from what I understand, this is not a great solution and I wondered if there was a better way of approaching it like using one PC for both tasks

Thanks for your time everyone

kanewolf

Titan
Hello there!

For a bit of context, I'm an IT tech at a housing charity in the UK. We have an open space office with 35 employees.

I have been tasked to set up a 65" TV in the main office with a Live spreadsheet running on it with important information that is required by all staff members. Im struggling to come up with a budget friendly solution that would work for this.

The requirements are
  • needs to be under £300 for the PC
  • Need to wirelessly connect to it ( Ideally not through RDP)
  • run win 10 or 11 pro
We also need another PC for our public reception TV to run a ongoing video or PowerPoint that can also be remotely managed.

In the past, I have set the latter up with a Rasberry PI with a digital signage OS on it however the Pi has died now hence we are tackling both at the same time.

I wanted to run 2 vesa mounted PC's that are on 24/7 and RDP into them although from what I understand, this is not a great solution and I wondered if there was a better way of approaching it like using one PC for both tasks

Thanks for your time everyone
Your "wirelessly connect to it" requirement, Desktop Windows is limited to a single login at a time. Not sure if that works with your needs.

Since this is a "live" spreadsheet, does this display device need to be more than an automatic login to teams ?
This stack overflow is a similar problem -- https://stackoverflow.com/questions...to-automatically-login-for-monitoring-website
If you could get a PI to login to teams with the proper URL you should be able to do something similar.

Check this out.

You can use a fire stick or roku with their app if I recall but you create custom signs and use a web interface to publish them. If I recall it will cost 10-15 a month per screen depending what plan you pick. I’m a tech in the USA but we assist a college and they use this for some of their signage.