2 Things - Can't boot into BIOS and How to enable onboard GPU (6600k) without going into BIOS?

justinf10000

Commendable
Feb 25, 2016
The title basically describes my issue.

My TV can't pickup BIOS for whatever reason. It's a Hisense 43H7C2 43-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV

I know the issue is with the TV (something to do with a smart TV?) as this didn't happen on my old TV. The TV doesn't receive enough signal or w.e from the HDMI cord to register as 'on' because when the PC enters BIOS the tv still says 'no input'. Other than not picking up bios, the TV works amazingly well for a 4k pc display. Maybe windows needs to push something to the TV for it to register it as input? I dont know.

So the 2nd part of this is, i finally got my email about the step up program from evga so i need to ship my 970 to them and use my onboard graphics until the 1080 gets here. How can i enable this from within windows? Presently if i plug the HDMI into the onboard hdmi there is no signal. I'm sure it's a setting in BIOS i need to change, but how do I do it without entering BIOS?

Also i'm on windows 10.

Would appreciate any help with this, Thank you !!

Solution
Its possible and likely your TV can't display the video mode that your BIOS outputs in. TVs are not designed to handle multiple different resolutions like regular monitors.

Your iGPU should be enabled unless you manually disabled it. Otherwise if you have a GPU installed in your PC your onboard video disables automatically and so plugging an HDMI cable in while its in there will give you nothing.

Try Removing your 970 and THEN trying the onboard video. If not then resent the CMOS as discussed, yes you will lose your settings, but at least your system will work.

justinf10000

Commendable
Feb 25, 2016

Are you sure I will not get locked into some kind of BIOS screen? Its an asus. I don't have another monitor or anything to hook up to the PC so if i get locked into BIOS waiting for me to push buttons or click accept/etc the PC will be unusable until the 1080 gets here.

justinf10000

Commendable
Feb 25, 2016

Also a way to do it without entering BIOS would be better because flashing CMOS would reset my overclock settings too right? I don't remember what the voltage/oc was so if theres an alternative to doing that, itd be great.

Resetting the BIOS will return everything to default and will not require any input once done. Yes, your overclocking settings will be cleared off, but unless you have another GPU you can use temporarily just to get into the BIOS, I am not aware of another method of switching the iGPU back on.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Its possible and likely your TV can't display the video mode that your BIOS outputs in. TVs are not designed to handle multiple different resolutions like regular monitors.

Your iGPU should be enabled unless you manually disabled it. Otherwise if you have a GPU installed in your PC your onboard video disables automatically and so plugging an HDMI cable in while its in there will give you nothing.

Try Removing your 970 and THEN trying the onboard video. If not then resent the CMOS as discussed, yes you will lose your settings, but at least your system will work.

Solution

justinf10000

Commendable
Feb 25, 2016

I reset the CMOS and it forced me into BIOS on reset. However BIOS appears with my onboard GPU, why doesn't it show up through a gtx 970??

And TY for your reply!

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

If you're plugged into the motherboard with the GTX 970 installed it won't work. If you plug into the GTX 970 it should work unless for some bizzare reason the 970 outputs the BIOS in an unsupported video mode for the TV.

justinf10000

Commendable
Feb 25, 2016

Thanks for the reply. This could very likely be the issue, is there any way for me to test it? How can i tell what video mode the 970 pushes bios out at? I had windows set for 4k.