2 Titans vs 1 Titan X

Crossedivide

Honorable
Jul 17, 2013
I built a computer running running a TITAN. I'm wanting to upgrade but not sure which direction to go. (I literally just found out about the TITAN X about an hour ago)

Buy another TITAN going SLI
or
Sell my TITAN and buy a TITAN X?

So you're considering this upgrade to help your wife's Photoshop & Illustrator performance OR for gaming? If the former, what's your wife's biggest performance complaint? If the latter, what are you trying to achieve? (e.g. faster FPS, higher resolution? bragging rights? whatever). What's your primary goal? What are the full specs of the computer? CPU, cpu cooling, MB, case, RAM, storage, power supply wattage/brand, etc?

Crossedivide

Honorable
Jul 17, 2013
I built this computer 2 years ago

TOWER Corsair Obsidian 900D
MB ASUS Rampage iV Extreme - Liquid Cooled
CPU 7i 3770 Quad Core - Liquid Cooled
16G RAM
Nvidia TITAN - Liquid Cooled
3 3D 24" BenQ Monitors - Not 4k Compatible
PS 1200W

The cooling I went over board because I did not want to mess with cooling system when upgrading in the future. I have 3 radiators with 9 fans w/ 1 exhaust fan

My wife doesn't have any problems with her photo shop rendering except that it might be a little slow and she has noticed that most of the RAM is being used. She recently started back up on Photo Shop so I'm sure that she will be doing more complicated rendering in the future when she gets into 3D, which is why I'm thinking about going to 32G RAM. I'm also wanting to run her rendering programs off the RAM itself.

For gaming I like things running smoothly. As of now everything is running good but I'm not running 4k and I have plans to run 3 4k Monitors. I can see my GC, it might just be me, reaching its limit with Ultra High Settings when playing Shadows of Mordor. So with the TITAN down to $500 used on eBay it's kind of cool to think about running a stronger machine! I can either run 2 TITANs SLI or a single TITAN X for roughly $700. Also, my wife, being the real geek here, is geeking out about the SteamVR coming out this christmas and I want everything to be running without issues in high gear. I've never owned any VR system and I don't know what kind of load, if any, a VR system like the SteamVR or the Oculus Rift VR puts on your Computer.