[SOLVED] 2 top fans, 1 intake and 1 exhaust

poorbugger

Distinguished
Is it okay if i set 1 intake and 1 exhaust at the top? I know many say that top fans should be exhaust but i dont feel like there's air coming out when i set the top 2 fans as exhaust. I have a matx case with 2 120mm preinstalled in the front panels as intake and 1 120mm fans preinstalled in the rear as exhaust. I added another 2 140mm fans at the top. The 140mm fans that i bought is PHANTEKS METALLICGEAR SKIRON MG-F140 . My case is tecware tg m3

Solution
Can you twist the cpu cooler 90° so that the fan is straight down and the cooler exhaust is straight facing upwards? If so, then I'd leave the top 2 fans as exhausts and change the rear fan to intake.

poorbugger

Distinguished
Care to share the system parts brand and model (Motherboard, CPU, Cooler, RAM, GPU, PSU and case, so we can know what exactly are you trying to keep cool and what case you have to work)?
Already shared the case. tecware tg m3 .
Mobo = Asrock b450m pro4
Cpu = Ryzen 5 2600
Ram = G skill aegis 3200mhz ddr4 8gb x2
PSU= Corsair CX550M
Cooler= Deepcool Gammaxx 400
Gpu= EVGA Gtx 980 ti classified.
I'm just trying to improve my airflow.

Yup there is mesh, just that it doesnt cover the front panel. There is a breathing hole at the bottom

Yeah I saw that mesh, but it has some plastic part with wholes in the back is not a full mesh... mmmm. Are you having high temps issues on the CPU and/or GPU? Is it that why you want to improve the airflow?

Have you tested this while playing gamins using for example something like hwinfo 64 (sensors only option)?
If temps are the issues, then I would start hwinfo, and go play a game for 15 mins, then go back to the desktop and check the "MAX" values for the CPU, GPU and fans.
Then I would remove the front panel all togheter, and test again without it.
You should pay attention not only to the max temp of the CPU and GPU, but also to the max RPM of those front fans.
I had a problem with my case when I first build my new rig in that the front fans would not spin at the full RPM not matter what i did, and I found out it was because they were been choked by the front panel. I removed the front panel and the CPU temp went down and the front fans finally spinned at the max rpm. (I then fixed the issue moving the fans away fonr the font panel).

poorbugger

Distinguished
Yeah I saw that mesh, but it has some plastic part with wholes in the back is not a full mesh... mmmm. Are you having high temps issues on the CPU and/or GPU? Is it that why you want to improve the airflow?

Have you tested this while playing gamins using for example something like hwinfo 64 (sensors only option)?
If temps are the issues, then I would start hwinfo, and go play a game for 15 mins, then go back to the desktop and check the "MAX" values for the CPU, GPU and fans.
Then I would remove the front panel all togheter, and test again without it.
You should pay attention not only to the max temp of the CPU and GPU, but also to the max RPM of those front fans.
I had a problem with my case when I first build my new rig in that the front fans would not spin at the full RPM not matter what i did, and I found out it was because they were been choked by the front panel. I removed the front panel and the CPU temp went down and the front fans finally spinned at the max rpm. (I then fixed the issue moving the fans away fonr the font panel).
Well my cpu and gpu temps are fine. I live in a hot ambient temp with 30C to 34C. My cpu temps are 50 ish during gaming and my gpu is in high 70 during gaming. But that's because i set the temp limit to 75C. So it's kinda throttling itself abit to maintain there. I just want to know if i can improve my airflow. Since i feel like more air is getting sucked out rather than in. Also regarding the fan speed of the case fans, i cant really control that since 3 of them are 3 pins connectors. They are running at full speed always. The rear exhaust and the 2 front intake. The other 2 fans that i bought are running on 4 pins so i set them at 50% speed when the cpu is below 60C.