2 TS Questions

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

I have two doubts regarding TS:

FIRST : I have no problem with printer redirection as far as the users are
local to the server, I mean, in the same LAN.
Once the user is in a WAN, he can not map his own printers.
Windows 2003 .Net Seerver is not running under Active Directory, nor under a
Domain, just a plain server.

SECOND: I have some troubles installing an Olap solution I personally
developed. When I install it (setup made with Installshield Express) as an
administrator and then use it as a remote desktop user, it states some OCX's
could not be run due to permissions problems...

What's wrong here? Some clues to compile the application? Need some specific
compatibilities in the OCX ?

- SocketWrench Freeware edition TCP control
- ChartFX Client/Server charting tool

I wonder if you can help me.

Best regards,

Michael Prendergast

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

Users should not have to map their own printers, these should be
autocreated.
If they aren't, you probably have a missing of mismatched printer
driver problem. Check the EventLog on the TS for more information,
and create a custom printer driver substitution file to map the local
printer driver to a native printer driver on the server:

239088 - Windows 2000 Terminal Services Server Logs Events 1111,
1105, and 1106

Comments on your SECOND problem in a separate post in this ng.

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

"Michael Prendergast" <michael.prendergast@datamart.cl> wrote in

> I have two doubts regarding TS:
>
> FIRST : I have no problem with printer redirection as far as the
> users are local to the server, I mean, in the same LAN.
> Once the user is in a WAN, he can not map his own printers.
> Windows 2003 .Net Seerver is not running under Active Directory,
> nor under a Domain, just a plain server.
>
> SECOND: I have some troubles installing an Olap solution I
> personally developed. When I install it (setup made with
> Installshield Express) as an administrator and then use it as a
> remote desktop user, it states some OCX's could not be run due
> to permissions problems...
>
> What's wrong here? Some clues to compile the application? Need
> some specific compatibilities in the OCX ?
>
> - SocketWrench Freeware edition TCP control
> - ChartFX Client/Server charting tool
>
> I wonder if you can help me.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Michael Prendergast

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?)

Thank you very much.

I was reading the document regarding App. optimization for TS.

I split the use of the registry into HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE for general settings
and HKEY_CURRENT_USER for user defined settings.

As I did a normal setup, not using the INSTALL MODE, I'll do it again the
right way.

Thank you again.

Michael Prendergast

mensaje news:Xns94DCD425B2D48veranoesthemutforsse@207.46.248.16...