2 tvs won't load Netflix past 24%

Apr 14, 2019
Started having trouble a couple days ago but it wasn't consistent till last night.

I have two older Samsun tvs that won't load a Netflix show past 24% I've reset everything. Updated everything. Tried removing my wired network out. Nothing worked. Then I tried using my phone as a hotspot and they both would work. Then I revert back to my home network and they would still play until I restart the tvs. If you can think of it I've tried it.

One tv is wired and one is wireless. I've switched the wired to wireless with no luck unless using my hotspot.

My two other tvs seem to work fine. One is a lg about 2-3 years old. Other is a new samsung. One wired one wireless.

My ISP is stating a television issue since the 18th that doesn't show its resolved. Can a television issue from a cable company ISP cause 2 tvs to not load Netflix shows?

Ralston18

Titan
Does not seem to be the sort of problem that would be caused by the cable company ISP as I would expect all four TVs to be affected.

What make and model router (or modem/router) are you using? Look in the router's logs if logs are available and enabled - there may be some relevant errors or other information being captured.

Are you using any static IP addresses? Any limits on the number of allowed DHCP IP addresses?

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
I had, until recently a Samsung Blu-Ray player that had weird issues occasionally with Netflix.

My Sharp Aquos TV (2012) was slower, but semi reliable with Netflix. When it works, it works completely, though is sluggish in responding to the remote, initial connection, initial video playback, etc. But when it doesn't it simply WILL NOT connect at all unless I shut the TV off and turn it back on again.

The Samsung Blu-Ray somehow, recently, managed to brick itself, by my doing the demanding task of hitting pause in the midst of streaming from Netflix.

Smart devices (TV, disc players, etc) generally are ridiculously underpowered, barely up to the task for a couple of years.

Interestingly, the bottom-of-the-line $30 Roku I just got handles Netflix FAR better. Even things like loading time are VASTLY improved, which baffles me considering that it's connecting to the same Wi-Fi router that the TV and Blu-Ray player were connecting to. Much snappier responsiveness to the remote, faster downloading, etc.

Apr 14, 2019
Well believe it or not it ended up being the ISP. On Sunday the internet went down for a few minutes and nothing worked. Then it came back and all tvs worked fine. Not sure why it only affected two tvs.

Apr 14, 2019
Could be that whatever version of the Netflix App those TVs use wasn't coded to be as tolerant/patient of network faults/shakiness. But I'm just speculating in that regard.
Makes sense. Just messed me up because I just finished setting up my ethernet network and wasn't sure if it was messing it up.