[SOLVED] 2 type ram

James_471

Reputable
Jan 13, 2017
so I have Corsair vengence rgb pro x2 16gb 3200mhz
but my other 2 ram slots are free and i have Corsair vengens rgb pro SL at the same GB and MHZ, hanging around?
Can i use rgb pro and the SL ones together.
or should i wait and get mofe of the same ram

Solution
Please don't mix and match ram kits. Often times the threads you see here are from mixing an matching rams and then having to troubleshoot. If you have empty ram sltos, either:
a| leave them be
or
b| populate them with the same ram kit you already have populating the two slots on your motherboard

In retrospect if the SL kit has tighter timings, stick to that as opposed to the Pro.

Make and model of your motherboard? BIOS version for the motherboard at the time of writing?

Lutfij

Titan
Please don't mix and match ram kits. Often times the threads you see here are from mixing an matching rams and then having to troubleshoot. If you have empty ram sltos, either:
a| leave them be
or
b| populate them with the same ram kit you already have populating the two slots on your motherboard

In retrospect if the SL kit has tighter timings, stick to that as opposed to the Pro.

Make and model of your motherboard? BIOS version for the motherboard at the time of writing?

Solution