[SOLVED] 2-USB 2.0 Port HUB + HD Audio Output Floppy Drive Expansion Front Panel

Jan 6, 2019
i am buying this HD audio output module for my desktop. i have 2 questions about it.

with HD aduio output system, when i insert 3.5mm headphone jack the main speaker should automatically turn off.... like a laptop or mobile phone...right??

and i see an extra power supply connector with the module.. why this connector? probably that extra power supply connector is optional.. but those 2 usb ports should get power directly from motherboard and audio ports also get all connection from motherboard. then why extra power supply connector? is this to increase the ampere of those 2 usb ports? it this is true then those 2 usb ports getting power from motherboard connector and at the same time also getting power directly from power supply.. is it ok? or there could be short circuit?

photo:
View: https://imgur.com/iRlc7e6

thank you

Solution
If the audio chip on your board has an HD audio codec capable chip or, at the very least, is set to HD Audio and not AC'97 you should be able to have the audio from the rear ports muted. Mind if I case what your current chassis is?

Do you have a link to the product you've just included an image of? There should be mention of that power connector in it's manual. I also see some capacitors on the PCB surface which would mean that the additional power connector is to enable you to plug in devices that require charging, not just data transfer.

I would ask you to tread carefully since these aren't exactly certified hardware and can end up providing more power than the device deems necessary.

Lutfij

Titan
If the audio chip on your board has an HD audio codec capable chip or, at the very least, is set to HD Audio and not AC'97 you should be able to have the audio from the rear ports muted. Mind if I case what your current chassis is?

Do you have a link to the product you've just included an image of? There should be mention of that power connector in it's manual. I also see some capacitors on the PCB surface which would mean that the additional power connector is to enable you to plug in devices that require charging, not just data transfer.

I would ask you to tread carefully since these aren't exactly certified hardware and can end up providing more power than the device deems necessary.

Solution