Question 2 vertical distorted lines on screen after gpu driver install

Dec 2, 2022
so, i have this weird issuse where im having 2 vertical lines on my screen after i install any nvidia gpu driver. heres a picture View: https://imgur.com/a/BmGeHRr
as you can see theres a weird lines down the center and another on the right, also shifted my screen to the upper left. like i cannot see my start button. so i thought my gpu was dying so i went and bought a new 3080 and the lines appear again right after the driver install. so i know its not my gpu , its not my hdmi cable , its not my tv. i did a memory scan and all sorts of other scans but all seems good. even tried the gpu in the other pci slot , same 2 lines no matter what i do. issue started like a month ago . use to be i would just unplug the hdmi and plug it back in and it would fix itself , but no more. very strange , any help would be very very appreciated. thx

Dec 2, 2022
ok so i just changed it to 60hz and its all good with the driver installed. but when i change it too 120hz is when the 2 lines show up. i do have a hdmi 2.1 cable made sure when i bought it and it was an arm and a leg lol computer use to do 4k 120hz allday everyday , now it wont edit; ok ok ok now i have no clue what happened but i seem to be running 4k 120hz now with no issues lol

Last edited: