VS

1* G.Skill [4GB*2] DUAL MODULE RAM [F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL]

What's the difference? Both are 8gb ram

I have ordered the Dual module

namdlo

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
The difference is the SKU number.

F3-12800CL9S-4GBXL - this is a single 4gb stick.

F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL - this is a kit of 2 x 4gb sticks.

It looks like it's just the way they are listing them.

Since the first item is listed as "2 x" you'd be getting the exact same thing.

ACTechy

Distinguished
You want a kit, so your system can take advantage of dual channel memory lanes, assuming you have that (most modern systems support dual channel). That being said you could get 2 of the single stick to run in dual channel, but it would probably be more expensive to not buy them in a kit.

acid1drinker

Honorable
May 28, 2013

My Specs:
CPU ------------------- Intel i5 - 4570
Motherboard--------- Asus b85m-G [Both are same price]
RAM ------------------ G.Skill 2*4gb
HDD ------------------ WD BLUE 1TB
CASE----------------- HAF 912
PSU ------------------ Seasonic S12ii 620W
MONITOR------------1080p + 900p [Dual monitor setup]

I will be using the Intel HD 4600 until the New AMD Volcanic islands will be released..

Also is this a good gaming/multitasking/multipurpose/downloading build or should i change it ? I

The first one they sale it for the one stick, you buy two of them then you will take a chance, because it is not guaranty for both RAM work together. The 2nd one they sale it for the kit, mean it is guaranty for both RAM work together,
Yes order the dual module.

ACTechy

Distinguished

As long as you don't care about overclocking (even non K intel CPUs can overclock a bit), you'll be fine with this setup. I don't personally like the HAF 912, but if you like it, you're golden. Also if you have a couple bucks, you should get a 120GB SSD for around $80-$90 and speed this puppy up.

acid1drinker

Honorable
May 28, 2013

I'd prefer not to overclock.
Initially i was thinking of going with AMD FX + 990FX build , but then it causes lot's of heat and increased electricity bills especially when overclocked[Both of these are a huge problem in india]
I'd never buy an SSD. I am quite patient :))

If i add in a GTX 650 ti boost. Will i be able to play all games released uptill now and Watchdogs/Batman Arkham Origins at mid-high settings on 1080p ?
[I will then upgrade the GPU after 1 year because my most played games are DotA 2 and CS:GO both of which need very less gpu power]

ACTechy

Distinguished

Mostly medium, for playable fps, look around at these benchmarks to give you a good idea what the card is capable: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-650-ti-boost-gk106-benchmark,3463-4.html

(To get higher settings with nvidia you're looking at more like the GTX 660Ti/760)

acid1drinker

Honorable
May 28, 2013

Thanks. Also does G.Skill provide it's after sale services in india?

I bought the rams from www.flipkart.com

acid1drinker

Honorable
May 28, 2013

Medium? In that review it plays Tombraider@Ultra @ 50fps avg.. Isn't it a very good card for someone who doesnt want each and every eye candy up but just wants nice textures and med-high presets?
It is also getting around 51fps avg on High@far cry3
So do u think it will be able to play games like watch dogs/Batman Arkham Origin @ High and Battlefield 4 @ Mid-high settings?

ACTechy

Distinguished

It's definitely a decent card for someone who is ok with not playing on ultra everything. It varies quite a bit from game to game what settings vs fps you can get. I was just saying overall you can expect decent gaming at medium. For sure you can mix in some high settings here and there and whatnot. Not sure on BF4/BAO, time will tell. That's where my 'mostly medium' is going to come into play.

Cheers

acid1drinker

Honorable
May 28, 2013

You have a 650ti boost, so how is your experience with Far cry3 / Crysis 3 / splinter cell blacklist / Tombraider / Sleeping dogs?

acid1drinker

Honorable
May 28, 2013

So If anything happens (I hope not) will i have to ship it to Taiwan at my own expense? :'(

acid1drinker

Honorable
May 28, 2013

But should't you pay for the shipping aswell? Just because there is no service centre in india, why should we pay shipping charges?

No, it is the user's responsibility to send in the product for replacement. Or contact your original place of purchase to see if they can make the exchange for you. It is not possible for any company to have a service center in every country.

Thank you
GSKILL SUPPORT