May 29, 2018
Hello,
system specs
Ryzen 7 1700
16gb ddr4 3000 trident z
1 tb ssd
Powercolor R9 390 PCS+
1000w Quark powersupply

Ok, so I have an r9 390 that stopped working. using another graphics card at the moment but would really like to get back to my old one. The screen goes black and the fans will ramp to 100%. just outside of warranty period. worked great till now. I have ruled out overheating as it only gets to at max 67c. reapplied thermal paste then it ran for a few hours before black screen and fan ramp up. restarted computer and same thing. leave it out for a day or two can play again for a little bit but happens again. attempted to reflow solder using the heat gun method as a last resort and worked again but after a few hours, gone. also tested second bios which is original and no change. sorry broken and short but wanted to get as much info in without making a long post. Any ideas would be helpful. have heat gun, solder station, and multimeter so any solutions that require those things will help. just wanting to do everything possible before shelling out another 350 - 400 dollars on another graphics card.

Solution
Playing around with trying to do a reflow in an oven or something is usually a very temporary fix, as you found out. Not much you can do here. Try underclocking the card, that can help a failing card run normally, or at least crash less.
Playing around with trying to do a reflow in an oven or something is usually a very temporary fix, as you found out. Not much you can do here. Try underclocking the card, that can help a failing card run normally, or at least crash less.

Solution