20" 1600x1200 16ms LCD

acesea

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
For those who have not seen or heard of it yet, Dell announced the 2001FP which is reviewed over at anandtech.com

Heres some brief info:
--
The screen itself is a very nice LG.Philips LCD LM201U04. This is perhaps the first true 16ms 24-bit LCD panel commercially produced and doesn't rely on over-inflated contrast ratio and brightness numbers to draw attention to itself. We will go into more detail about the panel later on.
--

The monitor is supposedly going to be offered for individual sale in the beginning of 2004. Currently, the only way to get your hands on it is if you buy a highend system from dell and opt for this monitor.

If anyone has any info on who might be selling it early, or perhaps someone heres gonna get a dell system but doesnt want this monitor, let me know, ill pay for it! I want this monitor real bad, however id like to get it before the end of the year.

silverpig

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
anandtech did a review of the monitor. Looks sweet.

Some day I'll be rich and famous for inventing a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
Ooo, I checked out that review, it looks sw000t to say the least:)
I'm wondering whether I should get it or wait...hmmmm....
It is only $899 (and I'm sure I can get a 10% discount some time or another...or perhaps a student discount :evil: ). What do u think?

The one and only "Monstrous BULLgarian!"

silverpig

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
You won't be able to get one until the spring unless you buy a full dell system and get the monitor as an option. It's only available as an option right now, and they'll be selling it standalone in a few months.

Some day I'll be rich and famous for inventing a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
Wow...french class actually helped for the first time in my life:)
So according to that review the new Eizo and LG Philips have amazing color reproduction (especially the Eizo...and even @ 110cd/m^2 it's good!), yet the response time blows. There's ghosting and whatnot on the matrix and other games. Quite different from the anandtech review tho I beleive Dell uses the same LG Philips panel.

Rudel

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2003
I'm in Toronto Canada and got the Dell 2001FP a few days ago. In short it's awesome, I returned the 213T I had for a few weeks. Both monitors are stunning, the size of the 213T was a nice bonus (21.3") but the deciding factor was the 16ms response time fo the Dell. Gaming in the Dell so far has been great BF 1942, Desert Combat, C&C Generals all look great. There is almost no ghosting. Dell also has multiple inputs and a USB hub. So far it's been great. I will update with more info. as I continue to test this bad boy.

C ya

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
You think you could try out CounterStrike on that? That's one of the games I have noticed, if there is ghosting, will make it VERY apparent (that or I play too much :tongue: ).

Rudel

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2003
I've played Day of Defeat, same engine as Counterstrike and it was awesome. The detail and brightness were fantastic, with no noticeable ghosting. I will however try Counterstrike and get back to you.

Cya

muff

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2002
So what kind of graphics card am I going to need to put out a reasonable amount of fps at 1600x1200?

<A HREF="http://www.zencore.biz/grid.pl?ref=muff" target="_new">Are you fighting Cancer with your spare cycles? Why not?</A>