[SOLVED] 20 Minutes load time after trying to sign in

Sep 16, 2021
Hi, I've been having a problem for months at this point. Whenever I turn on my laptop, it loads normally and takes me to the splash screen that shows the window 10 login page, but after entering my password and logging in it takes roughly 20-25 minutes to actually stop showing the 'Welcome' screen and then show me my desktop. (Sometimes the long pause happens during the Window's Update screen instead and loads fast after it is over)

I'm not entirely sure how to approach the issue and I finally decided I should come to look for help instead of trying to just deal with it as I have been.

Any ideas as to what the trouble might be?

Solution
Yeah, I bought it from an office supply store maybe a year or two ago with Win10 preinstalled. It definitely didn't have this loading problem at the start.

If your Win10 is genuine, you should have a serial number somewhere.

With the serial number you can try a fresh installation, why wait for 25 minutes each time when you can do a fresh installation in less than 30 minutes?
Yeah, I bought it from an office supply store maybe a year or two ago with Win10 preinstalled. It definitely didn't have this loading problem at the start.

With the serial number you can try a fresh installation, why wait for 25 minutes each time when you can do a fresh installation in less than 30 minutes?

Solution
Sep 16, 2021

I hadn't considered that before and it sounds kind of nerve-wracking, but I'll try it sometime and see if that fixes the issue. Thanks

Colif

Win 11 Master
is it just as slow booting into safe mode?
On the logon screen, click on the power button in bottom right
while holding left shift, click restart button
this loads you into a blue menu
  1. choose troubleshoot
  2. choose advanced
  3. choose startup options
  4. click the restart button
  5. choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
  6. Pc will restart and load safe mode

that will tell you if its drivers or perhaps something else.

Sep 16, 2021
is it just as slow booting into safe mode?
On the logon screen, click on the power button in bottom right
while holding left shift, click restart button
this loads you into a blue menu
  1. choose troubleshoot
  2. choose advanced
  3. choose startup options
  4. click the restart button
  5. choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
  6. Pc will restart and load safe mode
that will tell you if its drivers or perhaps something else.
I just tried out the Safe Mode restart and it is still giving me this weird super-long loadtime. I think I'll try the Windows 10 Reset either tonight or tomorrow since I just got my first BSOD like 15 minutes ago.