20 pin connecter, 24 pin motherboard

svol

Champion
Maybe... if the remaining 4 pins is the place where the additional 12V cable should be placed.
About which motherboard are we talking?

My PC eats so much money that I'm in 'desperate' need of it to buy PC3500 RAM, help Svol with his OC project!
--- PM me for information.

svol

Champion
Compaq seems to be using different PSU then the standard ATX ones so I don't think it is possible.

My PC eats so much money that I'm in 'desperate' need of it to buy PC3500 RAM, help Svol with his OC project!

CorpusBiscuit

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2002
I was curious because I had found this post on another website:
"Use 20 Pin ATX Power Supply on MB Requires 24 Pin

Is that possible?

Yes. As long as pin 1 on the 20 pin power connector align up with the pin 1 on motherboard 24 pin power connector. Same apply to the ATX12V AUX connector, as long as its pin 1 on the four pin connector align with the pin 1 on the six pin connector on the motherboard, they should work."

I ordered an Enermax 365p-ve fca PSU and didn't bother checking my motherboard first (oops!) and I think that this PSU has a 20 pin connector.

svol

Champion
Well I don't have experience with using a 24 pins motherboard with a normal ATX (20 pins) PSU. But if you can tell me which pin has which function (ie Pin1: PowerGood, Pin2: 5V or something) I can check if the pin lay-out is similair.