$200-$300 Motherboards for Intel 8700k?

farmfowls

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2014
I'm planning to do an upgrade and wanted to ask you guys for some recommendations. I'm going to be switching out the CPU, Motherboard, AIO cooler and RAM from my current build as I am going to be using those in a build I'm doing fro my little brother.

For my new CPU I hope to get the 8700k. I've not been keeping up with the current market so I came here to ask you guys. I've only ever owned ASUS (Maximus Vii Hero) but would try another manufacturer as long as they have good Customer Service history. Looking for these points:

1) As many USB ports as possible

2) Blue Color Scheme or RGB (Not a necessity but would be nice)

3) Can handle Overclocking of GPU and maybe CPU

4) $200-$300

5) I'm used to a certain quality standard coming from the Maximus line, and wouldn't want to settle on things I've become accustomed to.

Here's my current build: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/jXWrcY

Solution

I meant the asus maximus x hero , not crosshair 7 . sorry

Also you can get gigabyte arous gaming 7 or taichi . these are all the best mobos

farmfowls

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2014

Would going cheaper be okay or is the extra price worth it?

farmfowls

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2014

As well, where is the Crosshair placed in the line compared to the Maximus? In other words, is it an upgrade or downgrade from the Maximus line?

And what benefits would the Taichi have over the Crosshair?

farmfowls

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2014

I'm just realizing those were AMD boards unless I'm blind.

farmfowls

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2014

Any specific ones? When I first purchased the Maximus Vii Hero I had many issues. First board gave out and the first RMA was dead. Hoping to not have to go through the same thing.

parani

Honorable
Jun 15, 2015

I meant the asus maximus x hero , not crosshair 7 . sorry

Also you can get gigabyte arous gaming 7 or taichi . these are all the best mobos

Solution