G

So yeah, long story short, my dad won't let me spend the 1k i have for building a pc... Oh well... bullshit...

So yeah, i need a $200 pc, I don't care the parts/features/performance... Just $200 and "decent" machine, My dad think's I don't know anything, oh ******* well, I've got a ton of builds for like $150-250 in my mind but I thought i would ask you guys just to see how similar we build it...

Approximate Purchase Date: Tonight.

Budget Range: (e.g.: 600-800) 200-250 after MIR

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Surfing the web is probably the most i can do with this pc...

Parts Not Required: keyboard,mouse,monitor,os,speakers

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Amazon and Superbiiz (Newegg and most other websites won't ship to hotels which is where i am staying...

Country of Origin: USA- but i live outside

Parts Preferences: I really don't card....

Overclocking: no

SLI or Crossfire:no

Monitor Resolution: Doesn't matter, 1080p is advantage tho

Additional Comments: nothing else to say

WHAT I HAVE:

ASUS DVD DRIVE -- $20
KINGSTON 4GB RAM --- $25
CORSAIR CX430--- $45 (good eh? :D)
AMD ATHLON II x2 250 --- $60, meh, it'll do...
WD 500GB HDD --- $40 :D

MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE <3

So yeah, any thoughts?

btw, I want a nice looking case but can't find a lot...

rvilkman

Distinguished
The xigmatek cases used for tom's $500 build is decent if you can find it with free shipping, $29.99 is a decent price for it.

For the PSU check antec 380D as well might be a couple of bucks cheaper, unless you can find a nice rebate on the cx430

G

Xigmatek, idk i'll check it out, And btw the Antec ones are horrible, Not 80+ and they aren't sleeved and they dont come with a power cord -_-... cx430 has a $10 MIR so i'm soo going for it :)

leandrodafontoura

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2006
You dont need to spend 1000, but 200 is crazy. Talk to your father and get a $500 computer, otherwise better to save the money.

Anyways, since you are on a tight budget, I would sugetst getting a h67 motherboard, its around $70 if Im not mistaken for the cheaper models. That will give you integrated graphics and sound alredy, and good qualitiys ones. Then sometime around next year you can add a new videocard.

G

Those h67's motherboards need a $115 processor ;P

And yeah, he won't budge...