$200 to upgrade my PC

C00L-Beans

Honorable
Dec 9, 2013
Hey all, my PC is pretty bad at the moment and I'm looking for some help in order to improve my
gaming PC's performance because its hard getting above 35 frames in BF4 on low settings. My PC is now about a year old and I think its time to upgrade something like the GPU or CPU. In my opinion its the processor slowing me down which I think it is but I cannot seem to figure out. I was given $200 for Christmas and I want to spend it wisely here are my PC parts:

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 750K 3.4GHz Quad-Core

Motherboard: MSI FM2-A75MA-E35 Micro ATX FM2

Memory: Corsair: Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866

GPU: PowerColor Radeon HD 7850 2GB

Power Supply: XFX 550W ATX12V / EPS12V

Now I have to go outside and shovel some snow :(
thanks, any advice will be greatly appreciated

Solution
If you have never built a computer before, upgrading a CPU can be a little challenging. But watch some videos and you'll be alright. If you want to get a better CPU you have to upgrade your motherboard. This upgrade is under $200 and you will notice an improvement. My recommended upgrade would be an FX-4350 CPU, with an asrock pro 3 970 motherboard. If you have enough money left, get a hyper 212 evo fan. The stock fan is quite noisy and barely adequate. If you don't have enough money. Save up! You'll hear for yourself. If you make this upgrade, just make sure when you are building it, you put standoffs in the correct position, you put your RAM and GPU back in the new one, and make sure everything is plugged in. Good luck!

alichowdry

Reputable
Dec 29, 2014
yeah maybe try and get an am3+ motherboard and an fx processor in that budget? im not sure if it is possible price wise in the US as I am in the UK, but if you can do that, it will boost your performance so much, because everything else in your pc should be compatible

Hope this helps :)

UnBroken

Reputable
Dec 23, 2014
If you have never built a computer before, upgrading a CPU can be a little challenging. But watch some videos and you'll be alright. If you want to get a better CPU you have to upgrade your motherboard. This upgrade is under $200 and you will notice an improvement. My recommended upgrade would be an FX-4350 CPU, with an asrock pro 3 970 motherboard. If you have enough money left, get a hyper 212 evo fan. The stock fan is quite noisy and barely adequate. If you don't have enough money. Save up! You'll hear for yourself. If you make this upgrade, just make sure when you are building it, you put standoffs in the correct position, you put your RAM and GPU back in the new one, and make sure everything is plugged in. Good luck!

Solution