[SOLVED] 2000+ Budget PC

darkknightrasil

Reputable
Jul 25, 2018
I am looking to build my first PC and am looking to spend 2k+ on the tower.
x
[cpp]Approximate Purchase Date: November 2020

Budget Range: $2000-$3000

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Game Design, Art, Multi-screen viewing

Parts Not Required: Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor(unless upgraded to 4k at a future date)

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: NEWEGG, Amazon (Do not know of others)

Parts Preferences: unsure

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: Unsure

Monitor Resolution: 1920 x 1080

Additional Comments:
[/cpp]

My current PC is 13 years old and needs to be replaced before World of Warcraft Shadowlands comes out as it can barely play on one of the lowest settings and still cannot be used in content with more than 10 people.

My goal is to have it last a while (maybe not as long as my current PC). I currently have a tower (Frame) Termaltake View 71TG -(Tempered Glass full tower))

My current PC specs:
Alienware: Area 51 (2008)
12 year old pc
Windows 10 64-bit
Processor: Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @2.67 GHz
RAM: 18 GB
Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760

New expansion specs I want to make sure I can play this while having more than enough strength to still use digital art programs including 3ds MAX, Unreal Editor (2021 edition), and high spec games in general.
Windows
��
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTSRECOMMENDED SPECIFICATIONS
OPERATING SYSTEMWindows® 7 64-bitWindows® 10 64-bit
PROCESSORIntel® Core™ i5-3450
AMD FX™ 8300
Intel® Core™ i7-6700K
AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700X
VIDEONVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 760
AMD Radeon™ RX 560
Intel® UHD 630 (45W)

DirectX® 11 compatible GPU with 2GB VRAM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080
AMD Radeon™ RX Vega 64

DirectX® 12 compatible GPU with 8GB VRAM
MEMORY4GB RAM (8GB if using supported integrated graphics)8GB RAM
STORAGESolid State Drive (SSD)
100GB available space
Solid State Drive (SSD)
100GB available space
INTERNETBroadband internet connection
INPUTKeyboard and mouse required. Other input devices are not supported.Multi-button mouse with scroll wheel
RESOLUTION1024 x 768 minimum display resolution

Last edited:

darkknightrasil

Reputable
Jul 25, 2018
This is a good place to start:
made changes to my post. all I remember from before when I asked a few years ago was the price range

By the time November rolls around, there will be new cpu's from amd and possibly new gpu's from nvidia and amd as well. So making a list now is a fruitless endeavor imo. I suggest you come back a bit before that to make a list.

Btw, sli and crossfire are both pretty much useless/unsupported nowadays, so no real point going that route.

darkknightrasil

Reputable
Jul 25, 2018
By the time November rolls around, there will be new cpu's from amd and possibly new gpu's from nvidia and amd as well. So making a list now is a fruitless endeavor imo. I suggest you come back a bit before that to make a list.

Btw, sli and crossfire are both pretty much useless/unsupported nowadays, so no real point going that route.
so i should make the list in October or November itself?