[SOLVED] $2000 Build for sims games and light editing

yuriyu13

Commendable
Nov 20, 2018
Hello!

I'll hopefully have around $2000 late February and I want to buy a good pc build. I don't mind either Intel or AMD. I want a build that will stay with me for the longest time as I really don't plan on changing or upgrading. You're the experts here so you know better haha.

Approximate Purchase Date: March
Budget Range: $2000 (If you think I should save a bit more for better parts I don't mind)
System Usage from Most to Least Important:
I'll be installing Sims 3\4 and all their available expansion packs as well as lots of custom contents.
Apart from the sims games, I will play visual novels. (I prefer playing on my ps4\switch so this computer will mainly be for games I can't find on either.)
I'll watch series\movies most of the times.
I will use Photoshop for light editing.
I might work on video editing but probably rarely.
Are you buying a monitor: I can't decide yet. I have an LG 27UD58-B monitor for my ps4 and I thought of just using that for my computer for the time being because if I want a new monitor then I prefer buying 2 of another version as I don't like my current one that much. But please recommend me one that's good! (preferably one with built-in speakers)
Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg
Overclocking: No
SLI or Crossfire: No
Additional Comments: I want a white pc build if that's possible.

Solution
Trust me when i say this,this is the most overkill pc i could ever think of building for sims.
You can play Sims on a 5 year old laptop at 60fps,but with your given budget and will for no upgradability any time soon,plus white theme,i've made this beauty:
PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-10400F 2.9 GHz 6-Core Processor ($166.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 63 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($164.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z490 VISION G ATX LGA1200 Motherboard ($199.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State...
Trust me when i say this,this is the most overkill pc i could ever think of building for sims.
You can play Sims on a 5 year old laptop at 60fps,but with your given budget and will for no upgradability any time soon,plus white theme,i've made this beauty:
PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-10400F 2.9 GHz 6-Core Processor ($166.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 63 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($164.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z490 VISION G ATX LGA1200 Motherboard ($199.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($139.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080 10 GB Vision OC Video Card ($869.99 @ Best Buy)
Case: Corsair iCUE 4000X RGB ATX Mid Tower Case ($134.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($144.99 @ Best Buy)
Total: $1921.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-01-22 11:26 EST-0500

The reason i went with 10400F is because,first its more than enough for syms,second of all its not that expensive,and third of all you can upgrade to Rocket Lake cpu's when that becomes available.
The motherboard i put in here is not really necessary but its white and it will support Rocket Lake and has really good overclocking possibilies with Rocket Lake cpu's.
The AIO is not the top performer,but it will cool your i5 and possibly a rocket lake cpu pretty well.
The ram is good and its white so it follows the theme pretty well.
If 1TB isnt enough for you just buy another 970 EVO
Now onto the most important part,the GPU.
I mean if this isnt the most beautiful white GPU you have ever seen,idk.Its looks so good,oh and also its a 3080 so what can you brag about,and will play any game at 4K.
The case is also not the top performer in terms of airflow,but since i put in Corsairs AIO,ram and case,they all have iCue so you can sync the rgb goodness all together.
Also the PSU is one of the best at that wattage.
Thoughts?

Solution