$2000 editing build advice?

Nov 23, 2018
Hey everyone I’m new to this page, not sure if I’m doing this right either.

Anyway, I’d appreciate feedback from the community on building a PC for video and photo editing purposes.

My budget is $2300 but if I can save money on any aspect of this build I would.

I use Adobe Premiere for 4K projects and usually have to use proxies to handle 4K 60fps flies but not 4K 24fps, sometimes just dropping the resolution play back gets me through a smooth editing session.

I use Adobe Lightroom for 42megapixel files

And Adobe After Effects for 3D graphic animations, but very minimally.

However I’d like a more smoother editing experience, rendering times I don’t really care about, simply the editing experience. Meaning less dropped frames, less loading times from videos and smoother experience in Adobe After Effects for graphics.

No gaming will be used on this PC either.
And would appreciate not to overclock my cpu although I do like the appearance of the NZXT Kraken X52 inside of cases :/

Please help, I loose sleep just thinking of all the possible ways this build can go and fear of feeling like a looser having spent an excess amount of money in all the wrong places.

Thank you

Or a threadripper. For ssds I would recommend a generic bootdrive that also contains programs and then a really fast scratchdisk something along the lines of a 970 evo nvme drive.