$2000 gaming rig not working. I am in desperate need of help.

Aug 24, 2018
I got the EVGA Hybrid aftermarket cooler for my 1080ti graphics card for my rig.

Z370m Asrock
I5-8600k
16gb ram
250 SSD
1T HD

After installing aftermarket cooler I attempted to start my pc. It went to the windows automatic repair screen and then eventually to windows cannot repair your computer.

I removed the gpu and the problem persisted. After a bunch of trial and error I finally got windows to boot. I found out I still had an operating system installed on the HD that I was no longer using because I've been using my ssd drive.

After getting it to boot i then tried to do a full restore, clearing both of my drives.

It failed.

I am back at the windows could not repair screen, and I cannot get It to boot back into either OS I have.

If anyone can help me, it would be so greatly appreciated.

Solution
The ONLY problem I can see is that you tried to use a previous windows install with an upgrade/new build. This is NOT RECOMMENDED as there is very little chance you will maintain compatibility, especially if you did a platform switch from intel to AMD or vice versa. All of the old drivers in windows are interacting with new hardware. Any time you change out a motherboard, do a fresh install of windows. This SHOULD fix your problem.
Aug 24, 2018
Could this be cause by an issue I caused physically on the motherboard? Or some other component? Or does the automatic repair mean it has something to do with the operating system?

The ONLY problem I can see is that you tried to use a previous windows install with an upgrade/new build. This is NOT RECOMMENDED as there is very little chance you will maintain compatibility, especially if you did a platform switch from intel to AMD or vice versa. All of the old drivers in windows are interacting with new hardware. Any time you change out a motherboard, do a fresh install of windows. This SHOULD fix your problem.

Solution

whateverdude

Proper
Jun 21, 2018
WTF bmockeg are you talking about ?
He just installed an aftermarket cooler dude.
Anyway fresh install is your only option here indeed.
Always keep an image backup of your windows 10, they are really sensitive you never know when they gonna break.

A month ago i was testing my CPU overclocking limits running cinebench.
Of course when you do something like that your PC is gonna crash multiple times.
And so it did.Hit the reset button BOOM windows unbootable.
Why? Go ask that Ghanti they have for CEO.
Had to reinstall.

And you don't need to format anything when you reinstall. Windows installer has all the tools for that.

Aug 24, 2018
Ok thanks for the answers. Should I be concerned that it after it had been in automatic repair for a while i was able to open windows aagin and then after a restart it booted back into automatic repair?