Question 2000+ MP3 file transfer speed via USB constantly stalling

Aug 2, 2019
Hello, I'm Steve, new to the forum. I have google searched and searched here and still have not come up with an answer so I figure I ask you experts.
My specs:

Problem: Simply trying to copy over ~2000 mp3 files averaging 5mb per file to any USB 3.0 stick I try results in very poor performance. It will start out for 1 second at 60-90MB/s and then instantly dip to a few hundred kb/s (though it seems stalled to me). I would screenshot the graph but its futile to do so as the graph pauses when file transfer pauses. It will rollercoaster from there on out and it feels like some kind of memory buffering or something is going on.

What I've tried I've done everything recommended by other posts and other websites. I updated my MSI bios and all of my drivers. I've tried diagnostic startup. Ive disabled the remote admin windows feature option that everyone recommended. I have tried every single port on my motherboard and case. I have tried other USB sticks.

Im at my wits end. And its not like it wont finish transferring, its just aggravating its not working correctly and so inefficiently. Thank you for any help!

Aug 2, 2019
Aw really? Why dont I remember having this issue with 2.0 back in the day? This just seems very unusual. Literally every other second it grinds to a halt. I guess I'm just not used to this...

TRENDING THREADS