2000 server keeps stoping me from installing software

Jo

Hi
Win2000 keeps coming up with an access denied message
when i try to install software on my local machine
because my local machine is in a domain.
How do i stop this???
I am already in the admin group.
Many Thanks.

Verify that you are in the local administrators group by using the " net user
username " and " net localgroup administrators ". If you are then check your
ntfs permissions which by default list system and administrators with full
control for program files and \winnt folder structure. If you still can not
install there may be a Group Policy restriction for domain or local users. Try
logging on as a local administrator instead of via a domain account if you have
not already tried such. --- Steve

"jo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> Win2000 keeps coming up with an access denied message
> when i try to install software on my local machine
> because my local machine is in a domain.
> How do i stop this???
> I am already in the admin group.
> Many Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS