[SOLVED] 2001 Grand Prix Turbo Plans

Owen_34

Honorable
Jan 5, 2017
Hello everybody, so I plan on turbocharging my 2001 grand prix in the near future, and I have a question. What part or parts do I need, to get the exhaust output from my stock manifolds which have an outlet shapedlike this: https://contentinfo.autozone.com/znetcs/product-info/en/US/drm/674-541/image/2/

To the input of a t3/t4 turbine?

The only things I've found so far are v-band adapters, but to have to weld together a pipe from my manifold, to a turbo AND a waste gate seems like more work than is necessary.

What am I missing here? Do I have the purpose of a v-band adaptor wrong? Is there a part that would get my exhaust where it needs to be? Please help.

Solution
I had 2 grand prixs in the past, '99 and '00. Both were stock supercharged (GTP) but I was aware of a turbo kit made for the car. It'd give a lot more boost of the existing SC. However, there are some things you need to consider. Firstly, what submodel is it? A GTP has some beefed up internals to handle the extra power and torque, your NA 3800 engine in the SE and GT do not and therefore have been suggested by many mechanics to not do this on those models. It can be done but you'd need a lot more supporting mods before slapping a turbo on would be reliable.

3800performance were the ones that made the kit I believe. Maybe they have a tuned down one for the base models now, it's been 10 years since I looked into grand prixs...

phaelax

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2013
I had 2 grand prixs in the past, '99 and '00. Both were stock supercharged (GTP) but I was aware of a turbo kit made for the car. It'd give a lot more boost of the existing SC. However, there are some things you need to consider. Firstly, what submodel is it? A GTP has some beefed up internals to handle the extra power and torque, your NA 3800 engine in the SE and GT do not and therefore have been suggested by many mechanics to not do this on those models. It can be done but you'd need a lot more supporting mods before slapping a turbo on would be reliable.

3800performance were the ones that made the kit I believe. Maybe they have a tuned down one for the base models now, it's been 10 years since I looked into grand prixs. Regardless, their website may have the extra parts you need for your custom build.

zzperformance.com was also another common site we used back then for 3800-based cars.

Solution