2001FP display specifications?

On dell.com I can't find anything about view-angle and resolutions
supported by this display when connected to a DVI port. Is there a URL
for a complete set of specs? I'm particularly interested in whether
it supports 640x480 in case one needs to view start-up diagnostics and
BIOS settings.
--David

"David Ellis" <scribblemonger@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| On dell.com I can't find anything about view-angle and resolutions
| supported by this display when connected to a DVI port. Is there a URL
| for a complete set of specs? I'm particularly interested in whether
| it supports 640x480 in case one needs to view start-up diagnostics and
| BIOS settings.
| --David

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/monitors/2001fp/

I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
I was just trying to help.
advice herein.
No warranty is expressed or implied.
Your mileage may vary.
See store for details. :)

Remove shoes to E-mail.

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 11:02:13 GMT, "HillBillyBuddhist"
<hillbillybuddhistshoes@gmail.com> wrote:

>"David Ellis" <scribblemonger@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>| On dell.com I can't find anything about view-angle and resolutions
>| supported by this display when connected to a DVI port. Is there a URL
>| for a complete set of specs? I'm particularly interested in whether
>| it supports 640x480 in case one needs to view start-up diagnostics and
>| BIOS settings.
>| --David
>
>http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/monitors/2001fp/

Thanks for the referemce: 1600x1200 only. If this comes with a new
Dell computer, how does one view the BIOS, not to mention "Last known
good... ?"
--D

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 06:12:54 -0800, in alt.sys.pc-clone.dell, David Ellis
<scribblemonger@hotmail.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 11:02:13 GMT, "HillBillyBuddhist"
><hillbillybuddhistshoes@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>"David Ellis" <scribblemonger@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>| On dell.com I can't find anything about view-angle and resolutions
>>| supported by this display when connected to a DVI port. Is there a URL
>>| for a complete set of specs? I'm particularly interested in whether
>>| it supports 640x480 in case one needs to view start-up diagnostics and
>>| BIOS settings.
>>| --David
>>
>>http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/monitors/2001fp/
>
>Thanks for the referemce: 1600x1200 only. If this comes with a new
>Dell computer, how does one view the BIOS, not to mention "Last known
>good... ?"
>--D

??????????????

That document lists plenty of other resolutions the monitor can handle.

Hint: try the 'Specifications' page...

My 2001FP has no problems displaying BIOS settings, boot up screens,etc.

1600 x 1200 is just the 'native' resolution, which will give you the best
quality display. Other resolutions are converted by your video card's
driver to 1600 x 1200 so they display properly on the monitor, either by
reducing the image size or by interpolating. 800 x 600 can be displayed
full size with little or no loss in sharpness, since 1600 x 1200 is an exact
multiple, but other resolutions will lose sharpness, due to the conversion,
if displayed full size.

--
Nick <mailto:tanstaafl@pobox.com>

"Natural laws have no pity." R.A.H.