2003 DNS records

OK I have a wired one here. I have just ran forestprep
ect. to prepare for the first 2003 server to be installed
in a 2000 forest all was going fine, until it came to
light that every 24 hours the Master DNS server (2000
server) keeps loosing all records for the new 2003 server.
If I restart the 2003 server the records reappear in the
DNS records for a further 24 hours then just disappear
again. This has been going on for four days now and as yet
I have not come up with a solution. Please any body help.

In news:670901c47572$7665c880$a401280a@phx.gbl,
rfinch <rfinch@efar.co.uk> asked for help and I offered my suggestions
below:
> OK I have a wired one here. I have just ran forestprep
> ect. to prepare for the first 2003 server to be installed
> in a 2000 forest all was going fine, until it came to
> light that every 24 hours the Master DNS server (2000
> server) keeps loosing all records for the new 2003 server.
> If I restart the 2003 server the records reappear in the
> DNS records for a further 24 hours then just disappear
> again. This has been going on for four days now and as yet
> I have not come up with a solution. Please any body help.

What exact records are being lost?

Are you getting any Event log errors (Event ID #s please).

The 24 hour period is the default re-registration period of a 2003 DC.

--
Regards,
Ace

so all can benefit.

and confers no rights.

A lifetime commitment for a pig.
--
=================================

Ace,
From what I can see all SRV records are missing anfd the
host file from the zone folder. This would include the
msdcs,sites,tcp and udp entries.

newsgroups
>so all can benefit.
>
>This posting is provided "AS-IS" with no warranties or
guarantees
>and confers no rights.
>
>Ace Fekay, MCSE 2003 & 2000, MCSA 2003 & 2000, MCSE+I,
MCT, MVP
>Microsoft Windows MVP - Windows Server - Directory
Services

>Security Is Like An Onion, It Has Layers
>HAM AND EGGS: A day's work for a chicken;
>A lifetime commitment for a pig.
>--
>=================================
>

>.

In news:aa9001c4796b$1ab1ad90$a601280a@phx.gbl,
R Finch <rfinch@efar.co.uk> either posted for help, or replied to my
previous response, or just wanted to comment or offer an addition, whichever
the reason, spurred me to reply below
> Ace,
> From what I can see all SRV records are missing anfd the
> host file from the zone folder. This would include the
> msdcs,sites,tcp and udp entries.

Hmm, not good. Can you post an ipconfig /all, the spelling of your zone name
in DNS as well as your AD name please?
Thanks